hi

I'd appreciate any help with identifying this Squier Tele. It just came up for sale locally. no number to contact the seller. It's just described as a 'purple squier'.

Is it probably an 'Affinity'? (no photo of headstock)

Perhaps the color in the photo is off, but does anyone know a Squier Tele color like this?

thanks
Attachments:
squier tele.jpg
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's actually prolly red, since Squier doesn't make any guitars in purple, and there is no way of telling unless we can see the headstock.

What is 'prolly red'...is that a spelling mistake?

The fellow describes it as purple...

Does anyone know of Squiers in such a color...older 'purply' color shades no longer made?
prolly is short for prabably...

but ask the seller to see a pic of the headstock, thats what i had to do when i was buying mine to make sure i knew what it was, or just go meet and see what it is, thats the best thing to do.
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
i did a search and found lots of 'purple-like' Squiers of old...still not this color.

Too many guitars locally for sale to zip around looking at them all without info. Not worth it for a $100 ax. If the guy emails me back with solid info then I might go have a look.
I think Squier makes a guit with a purple sparkle finish (maybe Avril Lavigne Sig?) or something, but I dont think this is it because it doesn't look sparkly and that one has a black PG anyway. My guess is it's a Standard since I'm pretty sure they don't make Affinitys with maple necks (at least not now, maybe they have in the past...)
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I think Squier makes a guit with a purple sparkle finish (maybe Avril Lavigne Sig?) or something, but I dont think this is it because it doesn't look sparkly and that one has a black PG anyway. My guess is it's a Standard since I'm pretty sure they don't make Affinitys with maple necks (at least not now, maybe they have in the past...)

This, is all wrong.

the Avril Lavigne sig is black with a checkered black and white pick guard, and all standard and affinity Squiers are made with maple necks and maple fretboards or maple necks and rosewood fretbaords. It could be any Squier, or not even a Squire at all, since there are no headstock photos.

Basically, it could be anything modeled on a Telecaster.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

I bet the picture quality changes the color slightly, so it looks almost purple, but I can say with confidence that it's red.

This is what it could be, A Squier, an actual Fender Tele, a Tescio, some other random off brand, a knock off, a custom build, anything really.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I bet the picture quality changes the color slightly, so it looks almost purple, but I can say with confidence that it's red.

Not really, the guy in his ad says 'purple'. If it was red he would have said 'red'

anyways...just fishing around. I did come across a group of Teles built in indonesia in 1999 or so that were called 'galactic purple'...but it is more of a true purple. i can't find any 'wine colored' or 'burgundy' Teles.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a Squier bottom feeder. i really keep an eye out for 'used' Squier/amp combos for sale. I've picked up some nice higher quality amps that way.