I have been using this amp for a year, and it still works great, and love the sound out of it. I play lots of heavy music and I need something that sounds tight and modern. I dont know much about tubes. I was wondering if I should change the tubes to 6l6, or keep em at el34.

Help me decide what tubes I should get, and where I could get them. Also I will probably change the power tubes too, so all the help I can get would be great.

thanks
if you like your sound, keep whatever is in there until you NEED to switch it out. also, check out the tubes forums. they have all the answers you'll need.

not sure about how the bugera sounds with 6l6's (never heard that in person) but i prefer those to el34s. its all personal opinion though.
Quote by User_Name336
if you like your sound, keep whatever is in there until you NEED to switch it out. also, check out the tubes forums. they have all the answers you'll need.

not sure about how the bugera sounds with 6l6's (never heard that in person) but i prefer those to el34s. its all personal opinion though.

What can I expect from 6l6s. I need something that will my distortion lots of oooomph and clarity. The EL34s sound tight and clear, but I dont know if 6l6s sound even more so.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473149

read up and learn my friend... but! keep in mind that a lot of what you read is one person's opinion on them. if possible, go try to of the same amp (one with el34 one with 6l6 (some huges & ketter amps do that) and see the tones you get from both. check out reviews, and online sound clips (do not base judgement from this. too many factors changing the tone, but it'll give you an idea of the amount of change to be expected).
Just keep the EL34s, you won't have to mod the amp that way. JJ EL34s are very good, great bass response and well, loud. If you get EL34s you will have spares for emergencies. Better a worn out valve than no valve at all.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification