I am using a b52 cabinet, and am considering investing in a 'port city wave Os 2x12 cab,' which many claim to be the best 2x12 cab.

I have noticed my bugera sounds nicer plugged in to the FX loop of a fender than it does in my b52 cab. Is a better cabinet gonna indeed clarify the sound...

thanks
Better speakers and and cabinet construction make a huge difference to your sound, providing that you already have a good amp.

Suggestions on what speakers or cabinets to get exactly, depends on what kinda tone you're looking to get.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
it should sound much better. but a fair bit of the sound doesn't come from the cab itself. your guitar, pickups, amp head, and the room you're playing in make a big difference too.

if possible, try comparing the two side by side. otherwise, i'd say if you have the money, go for it. you'll have a noticeable difference in terms of sound.
If the B52 cab is using stock B52 speakers, it's not a very good cab. I've not been very impressed with B52 speakers in my experience. Even switching out the B52s for Celestion Vintage's would make a huge difference. Once again, assuming the speakers are B52s.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Celestion Vintage 30s arn't everyone's taste, though.

I recently discovered that I don't like them.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
^ ya, some people don't like the upper mid boost. I'm trying to think of the speaker that's basically a Vintage 30 without the upper mid boost. The other thing is they're not real great when you first put em in. They have to be broken in.

Ts, if I were you I'd check out Hellatone. They sell broken in Celestions and put the Hellatone sticker on it.
If someone could point him to the other speaker Ientioned that'd be great too.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Yeah, I tried a few 2x12 cabs with V30s in, didn't like them at all.

My Black Shadows sound a lot better, and they're not broken in yet.
Black Shadows are awesome speakers. Just wanted to throw that in there. Also, what Bugera is it? What speakers would be in the new cab? And how exactly are you playing the Bugera through the Fender's loop?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Black Shadows are awesome speakers. Just wanted to throw that in there. Also, what Bugera is it? What speakers would be in the new cab? And how exactly are you playing the Bugera through the Fender's loop?

Its a bugera 333xl head. I love its sound. Im passing its sound from the preamp out of the loop into the fender using the stereo out of my nova delay. So in the fender I am getting the bugera as a preamp, and in the b52 I use both the preamp and power amp. I may be wrong as I am new to this stuff though.

Im thinking of upgrading the tubes as well as people tell me a year is a long time to have used it without changing the tubes.
So what speakers do you guys recommend. Im getting a 2x12 oversized cabinet (most likely a port city wave). Unless you can recommend me something better.

This is the type of stuff we play in my band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwBMIf2csjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiTxN0YKjU

I asked a guy at port city through phone who recommended vintage 30s. Please help me out.
Everyone you ask that works for a company will recommend Vintage 30s, they seem to be the 'normal' speaker as far as high quality speakers go. I just don't like them because they really boost the mids, and end up sounding too harsh for me. But you might like them.

It really depends on what tone you're after.
i think v30s will be fine for that cab. unless you know what you want yourself i'd suggest going for v30s as your sort of first upgrade speakers.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Didn't know you already had Black Shadows. Only tried em once but didn't have any complaints. The wave will do for you nicely.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Quote by VanTheKraut
Didn't know you already had Black Shadows. Only tried em once but didn't have any complaints. The wave will do for you nicely.

I dont have the black shadows. I have stock b52 cab. I remembered when we recorded once we plugged my bugera into a marshall cab and it sounded awesome, but I am unsure cause the engineer was using a bunch of compressors and equalizing racks.

I need some convincing on what I should do. I want something that will play with power. I love the steve vai sound for one, or the joe satriani sound on the song mind storm.