*Slightly Updated*

So as some of you may have know, I've been trying to find the "right" guitar for me since I even joined this forum. Well today it arrived, my 3rd guitar. And I paid for it all by myself. That's a good feeling.

I first started off with a Fender Starcaster (before it was labeled Squier, so it was just a Chinese Strat). Then that June, a guitar shop by my house was going out of business and they had my next guitar: my Dean DBDT. My dad bought that guitar for me with his Uncle Bush money, erm stimulus check. It cost $300 off the wall. It has held up quite well over its 2 years of punishment. To this day, it's my favorite guitar ever.

And then, right about 20 minutes ago, I got my 3rd guitar from a very nice UPS man. I went to the door to check and see if he was pulling in or not, and I hear a UPS truck... and to my surprise, it was. I told him "I've been waiting all morning for this," and he asked "What is it? A guitar?" I said "yep." Then he asked "You gonna tear it up?" And I answered "yeah... a little bit, with a huge grin." And now after this long and boring story lets move on to the review!

Nah, I kid. Pictures:

ISN'T IT SEXY?

Oh whoops. Wrong picture. That's just the box.

Oh hey, check out the packaging stuff! Weird.

OMG THE GUITAR!

Crap. Another box... seriously?

Let's open this box...

Oo... I see a guitar... but you'll have to wait until we got outside.

IT'S A SCHECTER C-1 ARTIST II! MOAR PICTUREZ!!!

Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 21, 2010,

Now for the review...
So this is my 3rd guitar, through my 3rd amp, and it's safe to say my set up is complete for now.

I really like this guitar. The quilt is beautiful (and I'm not one to like quilt tops, at all), I love the inlays, the pearloid binding isn't bad, but the fret markers on the side of the neck could be black.

The neck is a lot thicker than my Dean's, but I find it comfortable and easier to play on. Usually I don't like lacquered necks, but this one plays just fine. I like how its wider than my Dean's, too. Everything seems easier to play with more room. The 25.5" scale is nice, I can't really tel much of a difference between the scale lengths. I've felt myself tripping up and coming a little short on some things here and there. Nothing too bad, though.

The ultra access set neck is amazing. I can reach the 24th fret on every string flawlessly. The action is super low. I hardly have to press down at all to make notes sing out. Very impressed. No buzz, no dents in my frets.

The thing I probably love most: the weight. This thing is like air compared to my Dean. Pretty freakin' sweet. It must weigh only like 6 or 7 pounds.

The JB/'59 set sound amazing. The JB is pretty bright and has a touch of some bite. When coil tapped, those cleans are just so crisp and clean it. I'm not a fan of it coil tapped with the amount of gain that I use for what I normally play, but cranked back and it plays some dirty blues flawlessly. I love the brightness of the pickup and the bit compared to my Dean's stocks. Pinch harmonics come off so easy and power chords have a bigger, more ballsy sound. I was afraid it might be a little muddy, but it's pretty crisp.

The middle sounds really nice with the tone turned down a touch. Very acoustic like cleans. Sounds really nice with all levels of gain, definitely usable anywhere

The coil tapped '59... holy cow. Talk about shimmer and sparkle. Amazing sounding cleans that just sound so great. Very nice for some dirty bluesy kind of sound, but I wouldn't use it for anything but cleans. That's the only thing that gives its justice.

The '59. Take everything from the coil tap review, and apply it again, but double it, make it thicker and add some overtones. I didn't like how it sounded clean with the tone all the way up. With the tone about half way, it sounds very organic, full... very real and true.

I'm gonna change the strings (they feel like D'Addario 09's, I use Dunlop Heavy Core 10's) and the fretboard needs some conditioning. The frets almost look brass... never seen that before.

The price: $300 Used from MF. With a 10% coupon, so I paid $270. There are some very light scratches, but it's pretty much new! These things retailed $600-$700 NEW! This guitar is pretty damn new feeling. This guitar cost less than the Dean my dad bought me 2 years ago, and it's three times the guitar! I love used stuff.

After waxing it and polishing the finish, those scratches pretty much faded away. I'm impressed with Dunlops Carnuba wax. It works just like it says! Put new strings on it, treated the fretboard, tried to get the frets nice and polished (I need steel wool), waxed the back of the neck, and now it really sings and the neck is so smooth and easy to play. This guitar is beautiful

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: By the way, that footswitch is rather new, too. I got that in May. It works great, way better than any review said about it. I like how I can switch from clean to lead with a press of a button. Pretty sweet.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 21, 2010,
the review has been removed by ninjas apparently
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
nice

HNGD

EDIT:I first though that it was abalone cause most schecters have abalone

but obviously after some close inspection it aint... that looks like pearloid?
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 20, 2010,
nice!

that's awesome.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
:O YOU HAD A STARCASTER?!? I HAVE ONE AND ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE **** IT IS?!? It's just an old version of a squire?
Quote by rushpython
the review has been removed by ninjas apparently

>.>

<.<
Slappa tha bass
@Prodigy179
It's a set-thru neck, with Schecter's Ultra Access.

@archenemyfan
Yeah I don't really know my binding very well. I thought it was abalone, but it doesn't really look like it. I'll fix t that in the review!

@gregs1020
Thanks, but not as nice as yours!

EDIT: @hootie
I posted that post before writing the review
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 20, 2010,
@Nirvanafanjonny a starcaster is a fender acoustic, it was my first guitar.
Congrats on the new guitar! I'm gonna get a schecter c-1 hellraiser tomorrow and its gonna be black.
Schecter really makes works pieces of art for the price.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
@OliOsbourne
Mine was an electric.

@RR787
It's even pretty now that I've waxed it and put on body gloss. Oh, I treated the fretboard, too. It's much darker and prettier

If you guys want more pics, just say of what and I'll take more!
The binding is not abalone. It's pearloid.
Congratz on the guitar btw!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

ok, the review wasnt there last time i was here
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by OliOsbourne
@Nirvanafanjonny a starcaster is a fender acoustic, it was my first guitar.
Congrats on the new guitar! I'm gonna get a schecter c-1 hellraiser tomorrow and its gonna be black.

well my Fender Starcaster is an electric guitar...
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
well my Fender Starcaster is an electric guitar...

your Fender "Starcarster" is one that you pick up in a beginner set and it's quite terrible.

Old Starcasters are hollowbody's that are discontinued. They dragged the name to these beginner packages cause they still own the name and probably wanted to make it seem like if you bought it, you'd be a star.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
thats a very nice guitar, good choice
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
This is a Fender Starcaster. Fender made them from the mid 70's to the early 80's. It was Fender's guitar to try to compete with Gibson's ES-335.

Oh, HNGD! I love the color.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Last edited by offthewall91 at Jul 20, 2010,
my guitar is coming with emg pickups (85 in the neck and 81 at the bridge) should i exchange them with duncans?
THE SECRETS OUT!!!

Even though I already knew

Hope its everything you wanted. HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
:O YOU HAD A STARCASTER?!? I HAVE ONE AND ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE **** IT IS?!? It's just an old version of a squire?

LOL me too. it surprisingly sounds about as good as my friend's epiphone les paul. yeah im almost positive it's the strat before squire took on fender's entire lower line. so we have dumb old squires.

Does anyone see the bird that the dean's head stock's shadow makes? Bricks were shat.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

@TheBigProket

LMAO.

@OliOsbourne
I'm liking these duncans a helluva lot. I don't have much experience with EMG actives, but I can safely say these have tone, balls and color. And you'll have to replace all the guts to switch to passives.
is there a big difference between passive and actives

(i'm not an expert on pickups and stuff like that)
Actives use 9V batteries.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by randomhero93
your Fender "Starcarster" is one that you pick up in a beginner set and it's quite terrible.

Old Starcasters are hollowbody's that are discontinued. They dragged the name to these beginner packages cause they still own the name and probably wanted to make it seem like if you bought it, you'd be a star.

yup thought so, the only plus of the guitar is that it is very reliable and built like a brick which is a very good thing
HNGD!

I've been looking at some Schecters, they look pretty nice ^_^
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
that thing looks amazing

i just got my first Schecter a few weeks ago

amazing guitar

i think my Schecter pretty much has the same specs as yours

enjoy
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
@Way Cool Jr
My Dean is pretty heavy. I would say its about the same weight as an EC-1000, maybe just a touch less. This Schecter feels like nothing on my shoulder compared to that. It's a great feeling... haha. It sounds just amazing, I can't believe the cleans that it pumps out. I haven't even touched the EQ on my amp since the Dean, either. I've just been rolling the tone around.

I love Schecters. I think I'll get a Solo-6 next.
Quote by offthewall91
This is a Fender Starcaster. Fender made them from the mid 70's to the early 80's. It was Fender's guitar to try to compete with Gibson's ES-335.

Oh, HNGD! I love the color.

fender also do a really cheap strat that they call "starcaster by fender" at the moment, which i think is intended as cheap junk for schools, sort of like the "Maestro by Gibson" stuff.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by TheBigProjekt

Does anyone see the bird that the dean's head stock's shadow makes? Bricks were shat.

oh my god... I believe thats why Dean designed their headstocks that way, cause they knew that when someone put a Capo on it right down the middle and in the sunlight, it casted a shadow, it'd look like a bird, which supports their logo which are wings, and it's all a conspiracy contructed by the the government...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
oh my god... I believe thats why Dean designed their headstocks that way, cause they knew that when someone put a Capo on it right down the middle and in the sunlight, it casted a shadow, it'd look like a bird, which supports their logo which are wings, and it's all a conspiracy contructed by the the government...

Only UG would ever notice something like that. Oh hey guys, 1,000 views!

I emailed Schecter about serial numbers, and apparently everything but the first two numbers (the year) mean nothing to the consumer. Kinda lame.
the emg pickups on my guitar are awesome
i usually play with distortion but when i want to play clean, i can just coil tap it and it sounds as good as a strat