Hey UGers
I'm going to get a new guitar tomorrow, and thought I'd see what you lot think first.
So far, I have narrowed it down to 2 different guitars. I'm going to play them both, but wanted to see what you thinks better.

PRS SE 25th Anniversary Custom 24

PRS SE Custom 24

And I'm going to be getting a new amp. I have one in mind at the moment, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Peavey Vypyr

Any comments?
Sorry about size, trying to sort it out now
Last edited by Gods_Gift at Jul 20, 2010,
i think the 25th aniversary looks nicer, but they should be the same guitar, but with different features, as for the amp that is a good choice
well, the only difference between the two guitars is ones an anniversary edition and probably costs a good $500 more. either way, i havent played a bad PRS so if you like it by all means. Just saying right now though, if you want to get the most out of it (regardless of style you play), youre not going to want to get a modeling amp to go with it (but the vyper is a good choice if you do).
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
The 25th anniversary makes my eyes jizz.

Amp, meh okay but you could do better seeing what a lovely guitar you are getting.
Any amp you would suggest?
The 25th Anniversary model is a extra £200, so I'm going to try it and see which I like better
I forgot to mention, I play a range of styles. Mostly Blues and Classic rock though.
Sorry about the large pictures, can't seem to reduce them or find smaller ones lol
that orange/red one is a se custom 22 not 24 :P. if your choosing between the 25th anniversary and a se custom 24 then id go with the 25th anniversary one.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
The 25th anniversary is better then the previous model cosmetic wise, both are still pretty good guitars for the price. Either one is a win.
Quote by Rocketface2112
that orange/red one is a se custom 22 not 24 :P. if your choosing between the 25th anniversary and a se custom 24 then id go with the 25th anniversary one.

I know. Hoped no one would notice
The best picture I can find, the one I'm think of going for is like that but 24 frets in a tobacco burst.
id get a new amp and say eff the prs, IMO the neck sucks on that model prs and it sounds like shit.... again IMO.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by Gods_Gift
I know. Hoped no one would notice
The best picture I can find, the one I'm think of going for is like that but 24 frets in a tobacco burst.

i got the 22 fret in tobacco burst . damn prs came out with the 24 fret ones a couple months after i got my guitar
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Rocketface2112
i got the 22 fret in tobacco burst . damn prs came out with the 24 fret ones a couple months after i got my guitar

lol
Would you recommend it?

And anyone got suggestions for a amp or any opinions on the guitars?