Page 1 of 2
Hai there. So I woke up early to greet a new guitar inside my home. Let's get on with the pictures and we'll work out a review later on. It's what UG would want anyway!

Seems like some sort of Ibanez headstock, which would mean it's a...

Exactly. Now without further delay, let's post a whole array of pictures.

More pics on the next post.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.

Review:

It's an Ibanez RG2020X. It's a Prestige MIJ. Manufactured in 2000, later replaced by the 2120X. What's so special about this? Well first of all, it uses the famous wizard neck although not as slim as the one in my RG550. It comes stock with V7/8 Pickups although the previous owner replaced them with a D-Sonic/Air Norton set. It has dual dot inlays in the 12 fret in a almost markless rosewood fretboard. Rather than using a japan quality basswood body, it's constructed with Mahogany wood while having a 1 piece neck with top design details on the back of the neck itself proving how beautiful and well thought out this series was. The color is a blueish-green top with natural binding throughout the body. It's quite hard to reflect it on pictures, but by eyesight it's simply beautiful.

Tone wise, it has 3 knobs. The usual master volume knob, the casual tone knob and a piezo tone knob. That's right, it has a piezo alongside the tremolo regarded as the "Double Edge Piezo System" from what I've read. I still have quite a bit of info to gather on the guitar itself, since it isn't that common it seems. It has dual jack inputs for the main guitar and the capability of using the piezo alone to a second amplifier without having to switch to a clean channel on the primary one. A nice feature for the professional guitarist I'd say. It boasts a switch that changes from the humbuckers to the Piezo mode, and a button to turn it on. The switch I just mentioned only works when the button is activated, otherwise it's quite an accessible killswitch. Besides that, it sounds pretty chunky on quite a rapid neck such as the 24fret wizard it possesses. Quite an axe for every genre out there, although shredding feels heavenly on that neck out of them all.

My 2 RGs.

My dog, tired after such a sonic-like shredfest from my part, approves of this.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Last edited by RR787 at Jul 20, 2010,
so whats the deal with it, modded.... but with what?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
congrats hngd, but why have you got a fender case and not a ibanez prestige case, that is included with every prestige ibanez
Uh 2 inputs? NICE!! Wish my guitar had that. What pickups are those?

EDIT: Nvm seen your edit.
Last edited by Prodigy179 at Jul 20, 2010,
yea where's the prestige case? did you get it used?

congrats,

edit: oh i can read, yea. and i want clips of the piezos!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 20, 2010,
Edit is up. Sorry for taking a bit. =)

Thanks so far!

Yeah it's used. Dude tossed me a Fender Case he got recently instead of having it in a backpack. Dirty bastard had two of these. >.>
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Last edited by RR787 at Jul 20, 2010,
Wow.

I almost bought the equivilant S guitar..

That is a gorgeous guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Glenn Guitar
If only your laptop was as high spec as that guitar....
Only kiddin'

Very nice, HNGD :]

That's an HP HDX laptop if im not mistaken. I've got one, and it's pretty high spec despite being about two years old. Super fast, Blu Ray drive, the works :-).

Happy NGD dude.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by CustomAxe
That's an HP HDX laptop if im not mistaken. I've got one, and it's pretty high spec despite being about two years old. Super fast, Blu Ray drive, the works :-).

Happy NGD dude.

Yeah, HP has been upping their quality as of lately and they're really making formidable machines for low-mid range prices without worrying to switch it for like 5 years minimum I'd say.

Thanks man. =)
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Sick! Is more awesome than I thought it'd be
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Pikka Bird
Nice buy, man. But:
Errr...?

What I meant was that it was crafted as a whole, rather than many other Ibanezes which have a point near the 3rd fret in where the pattern of the wood changes meaning it was glued together to finish the neck. My RG550 for example, is like that. I probably phrased it horribly. I did that review in like 1 minute anyway.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Terribly jealous of the beautiful guitar and the beautiful dog. Don't you dare take either for granted!
Quote by RR787
What I meant was that it was crafted as a whole, rather than many other Ibanezes which have a point near the 3rd fret in where the pattern of the wood changes meaning it was glued together to finish the neck. My RG550 for example, is like that. I probably phrased it horribly. I did that review in like 1 minute anyway.

You mean a scarf joint. If the neck is unlaminated then that's actually a pretty good way to increase strength. Anyways, yours is a three-piece so you have plenty of stability and strength.
Quote by spongemonkey95
Terribly jealous of the beautiful guitar and the beautiful dog. Don't you dare take either for granted!

Sure won't mate. Specially not the dog.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
I came. I saw. I came ... Then your dog scared the shit out of me(!)

I absolutely love these Ibanez! Going to have myself a collection of those I will!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by hminh87
I came. I saw. I came ... Then your dog scared the shit out of me(!)

I absolutely love these Ibanez! Going to have myself a collection of those I will!

I recommend them Prestiges too! And my dog scared you?! He's actually a lovely wimp which I prefer him to stay as that anyway. You know how much chicks I'd score if I take that to my college campus?!
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Quote by RR787
I recommend them Prestiges too! And my dog scared you?! He's actually a lovely wimp which I prefer him to stay as that anyway. You know how much chicks I'd score if I take that to my college campus?!

The dog or the guitar?

Awesoe guitar BTW!!! Gotta love those Prestige guitars.

Is that Initial D in your pic? Love that game. I used to own at that shit in the Arcade!!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by srob7001
The dog or the guitar?

Awesoe guitar BTW!!! Gotta love those Prestige guitars.

Is that Initial D in your pic? Love that game. I used to own at that shit in the Arcade!!

Both I guess! At least the RG550 with the pinky/purple thing I've got going on in there.

That indeed is Initial D. I still play Arcade Stage v.3 near my campus. Irohazaka is my main stage in v.3 although it's really hard on Extreme Stage for PS3, which is a japanese port of v.4. Really addicting games really. However, I find myself playing Maximum Tune 2 as of lately, don't know if you're familiar with the game.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
I think last time I played initial D it was version 2 (checks wallet for save cards)..yep

Never played the other one...i'll have to check it out.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
i want that pooch!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Sweet! How much?

And what the hell is a piezo?

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
I'm looking everywhere for one of those dogs =[
Quote by t heff
so perry how would u test the tightness of a pocket on a neck through? i mean if it can hold the wings to it then its ****ing amazing without glue
Very very nice!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Thanks everyone for the comments. I'll work on some clips, be it audio or video too soon.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
HNGD!! sorry for noob question hope i dont get flamed for this but whats a piezo?
Not what I was expecting. I am not only impressed I am blown away. You have done your homework and held out for a beast amung beasts. Very, very nice.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Congratulations dude! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Man I'm jealous. A MIJ RG with a Piezo is pretty much my ideal guitar. Once I'm done school I'm going to have to start saving for some of this JDM jems.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I expected hentai for some reason. I am disappoint .

Nah, really HNGD! Nice guitar.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Page 1 of 2