And here's mine

Edit: Mixed for GP5 RSE so could judges listen in that if possible . Not sure how it'll sound in GP4.

Edit again: Noticed a couple of typos and fixed them. Final version now
Attachments:
post-hardcore competition.zip
Last edited by Joe_92 at Jul 26, 2010,
well, i half arsed this song :P its a good 2:30 and i think its kinda poopy, i didnt feel like finishing so i just added the soft outro and left it like it is, i know im not gonna win so i didnt feel like adding on to it and waste my time even more. :P

IT WAS MADE IN TUX GUITAR SO YOU MIGHT HAVE WIERD DRUMS??
Attachments:
1 111 PHC song for comp gp4.gp4
1 111 PHC song for comp gp5.gp5
Not totally happy with it. I might update it before the deadline, if I do. I'll edit this post saying that I've done so.
Attachments:
PHC Comp 2010.zip
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Well, here's mine. Put someone in between Keith Buckley and Josh Scogin on vocals in your head. I don't know any bands that really have this sound, but the frenetic nature of most of 'Define the Great Line' by Underoath is what brought this out of me, although this isn't comparable really to any of the guitar work on that record. It influenced the dynamics of the song, more than the harmonic content.

Also, 'ahahahaha feel my power' probably won't be the final title. :P I give my lyric-less ideas retarded titles. Like 'ahahahahaha feel my power.'
Attachments:
PHxC Contest submission.zip
My piece, not really sure if this is heavy enough to be called post-hardcore. Just think high pitched vocals and screams and I guess it qualifies. Will probably update this sometime soon.

EDIT: This baby is mixed for midi (:
Attachments:
Andre, Stars to Live By. Stars to Steer By. Stars to Die By.gp4
Andre, Stars to Live By. Stars to Steer By. Stars to Die By.gp5
Andre, Stars to Live By. Stars to Steer By. Stars to Die By.mid
Last edited by andre27 at Aug 7, 2010,
Last minute submissions ftw! Well, I kept putting this off like every project I have ever been assigned. I had another nintendo-ish song in the works, but I had trouble finishing it and it kinda fell apart, so I wrote this today. I knew I had to write a different song, and this one riff was stuck in my head, and it happened to be one of those rare riffs I come up with where they kinda flow into songs without much problem. I took the melodic approach, and I was thinking of vocals when writing this. Enjoy. Do not use RSE.

EDIT: I changed some of the Center guitar at the breakdown, and I changed some of the fills I didn't like for drums.
Attachments:
posthardcore submission.zip
posthardcore submission_updated.zip
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]
Last edited by champayne at Aug 8, 2010,
Yeah, mine's not really finished so I withdraw.

I'll finish it someday and post it, but I lost motivation on this and became interested in another project halfway through. Sorry.
Might as well submit it now before I forget! Not completely final, but I promise not to make any big changes if I do modify it anymore. Going for a more Alexisonfire, less hectic more catchy and moody approach. Hopefully the judges don't favor flashiness over effectiveness!

Enjoy!

To the Selfish: There is Nothing Less (To the Sharing: There is Always More)
Attachments:
totheselfish.zip
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Luke.. they have to be originals for the piece and i dont recall you ever signing up anyways. Sorry.
**** it, I wrote this today and I'm submitting it. I hope that doesnt mess anything up since I said I dropped out....its still the 8th here for another hour and 20 minutes so Im sure this is fine.
Attachments:
Relativist.gp4
Relativist.gp5
Relativist.mid
Last edited by Thomasoman at Aug 8, 2010,
Wait so we enter here? and when you say Post-Hardcore do you mean like ADTI post hardcore?
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Quote by LessThanLuke
I'm sorry, originals? It is an original.

You were supposed to specifically write a song for the contest.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

-The piece has to be an original. As in your own. Brand new piece made for just this competition. EDIT* I guess if you are in a band and you guys write a PHC song you may submit it as long as it isn't already created. Please be truthful.

btw im looking at a lot of the pieces. Some are very amazing. Some.. kinda disappointed in the obvious lack of effort.... ):
This is a post-hardcore song that I wrote. It's not been used anywhere, it's not been altered or modified by user feedback on the forum. It's in its virgin state, I see no difference. But okay, whatever.
Quote by UneasyHearts
-The piece has to be an original. As in your own. Brand new piece made for just this competition. EDIT* I guess if you are in a band and you guys write a PHC song you may submit it as long as it isn't already created. Please be truthful.

btw im looking at a lot of the pieces. Some are very amazing. Some.. kinda disappointed in the obvious lack of effort.... ):

I'm sorry lol
Quote by RhyseOrtiz

Some of My Recent Songs

This is a post-hardcore song that I wrote. It's not been used anywhere, it's not been altered or modified by user feedback on the forum. It's in its virgin state, I see no difference. But okay, whatever.

they want a song written SPECIFICALLY for the contest within the time frame everyone that entered the contest was given.
Quote by Thomasoman
they want a song written SPECIFICALLY for the contest within the time frame everyone that entered the contest was given.

Exactly. The constraints are to assure that everyone is given an fair start. Your piece, while exceptional, is exactly the reason that you would have to start fresh. I have no pieces that could complete with something like that.

Although I must say that Jazz D's and Thomasoman would stand a chance.

-Sorry Blanchard, but I'm not feeling that piece. I really thought you were gunna sweep the competition. It just didn't resonate with me, and I had really high expectations.
Quote by huevos
Sorry Blanchard, but I'm not feeling that piece. I really thought you were gunna sweep the competition. It just didn't resonate with me, and I had really high expectations.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree, I think his is one of the better pieces although it does have a VERY progressive feel to it. But the chord progressions are great, the leads are interesting, the riffs are quality and the attention to detail with the shamisen effects (like bar 5(four button is broken), I love that bar, and bar 67) makes it sound like a really polished song. The 5/(four button is broken) section with the steel drums is genius.

But each to their own I guess.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Last edited by frankibo at Aug 14, 2010,
Thanks man. Personally I think its the best song Ive written, but yeah, each to their own. I knew some people wouldnt like it, but too outside the genre.