I'm looking for a pedal to soften and widen out my sound a bit, chorus seems like a good way to go but I'm a little overwhelmed by the range. My other thought was a flanger but I think they might be a little extreme sounding.

The pedals with just one or two controls seem really simple and I worry about their versitility, some of them just seem to give really extreme effects.

To give you an idea what I'm looking for, I quite like the Mike Stern sound but versitility is good. Any idea where to look? What choruses do you guys like?
Chorus pedals are way awesome. Flanger can sound cool, but has to be subtle. And sounds like an airplane when driven.

What is your budget? Definitely look used if you can.

Some of my favorite:

Malekko chorus
Analogman chorus
Cmatmods chorus
Retro-sonic chorus
Red Witch Empress
Diamond chorus
Dr Scientist Cosmichorus
Jam Pedals Waterfall

Some of these are a little pricey, like I said you didn't specificy budget. But all sound incredible.

The Boss CE-2 gets a lot of love, never tried it. EHX small clone is a popular budget one, not a huge fan though. I used to use an old DOD fx65 which was super cheap and sounded pretty decent
The small clone is made to sound like Kurt Cobains chorus, unless you are a fan of it i'd stay away. The Malekko chorus is great if you want an 80's sparkle sorta tone.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

No one has mentioned the MXR Chori (yes, chori). The Micro Chorus would be good if you want few controls and good tone. If you want a little more control, the Stereo Chorus is amazing for subtle chorus, I have one and swear by it.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I have the small clone and like but actually prefer my ibanez which i would recommend
My budget would have to be capped at about £150 but for that it would need to be good. I can't justify any more than that really.

Those boutique units look very nice but I think they are difficult to find in the uk and expensive.

As for EHX stuff I have a DMM and love it but I think the small clone might have too much of EHX's characteristic extreme sounds and not enough subtle sounds.

I like the look of the MXR stereo chorus is it worth the money?
Boss CE-2.

DoD FX65 if you're on a tight budget.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by no. 380059
My budget would have to be capped at about £150 but for that it would need to be good. I can't justify any more than that really.

Those boutique units look very nice but I think they are difficult to find in the uk and expensive.

As for EHX stuff I have a DMM and love it but I think the small clone might have too much of EHX's characteristic extreme sounds and not enough subtle sounds.

I like the look of the MXR stereo chorus is it worth the money?

I got mine for a ridiculously low price (like $70 or something), but after playing it thoroughly, I'd say it's worth the $170. Really wide range of sounds, and a lot of control over each sound, if that makes sense.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by no. 380059

The red witch goes on ebay for 200 from time to time..And is one of the best out there. You should be able to sort out shipping.

Guys no one talked about the digitech hardwire CR-7 in this thread, anyone tried that? I wonder how it compare to the ones listed above.
I did try out their reverb & it sounded good