My new agile interceptor (not the neck-thru version) when on the clean channel of my amp will make a slight overdrive sound if I hit the stings hard enough it only happens on the bridge pick up. the pickups are Cepheus Active 7s. I'm not sure if the pickups or if my 15 watt amp is doing it. Any help would be awesome.
Just remember, we all used to be the kid who tried to play metal with a stratocaster and a line 6 spider amp.
Probably the amp
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
the power of active pickups can cause overdrive in some cases. probly the amp not being able to "take the heat" but it may also be a design feature of the pickups to slightly overdrive cleans.
would a 20 watt amp make much of a difference?
Just remember, we all used to be the kid who tried to play metal with a stratocaster and a line 6 spider amp.
15 watts and active pickups means little head room the bridge pick up is usually made to have more output
lowering the volume on the guitar should help with that
no the page says cepheus active 7s and they use a 9 volt battery I'm thinking of getting emg 707s to replace them though
Quote by 27duuude
no the page says cepheus active 7s and they use a 9 volt battery I'm thinking of getting emg 707s to replace them though

Got a link?

Also, used 707s and thought they sucked ass. If you want some actives, try the SDs. They sound so much better than the 707s.
http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptor727rnbkflm.html
theres the specs

Also, used 707s and thought they sucked ass. If you want some actives, try the SDs. They sound so much better than the 707s.

What 7 string actives do they have besides the blackout cause that one does the same thing as the pickups I already have.
Wow, Agile got into the active market.

Thanks for the link.

As for the 707s, I personally found them to be sterile and lifeless. Leads especially suffered for lack of dynamics as well.

The SD actives sound, from what I have heard so far, much closer to a passive than the EMGs.

As for that sound your getting, doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary. Actives pick up fly farts from 10 feet away, so expect any small noise to be picked up by them.
Have u ever considered passive pickups? I stopped using active pickups all together when I started seeing inconsistences using them with different combinations of amps/effects..
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
The problem is quite simply, a 15 watt amp of any design is not going to have enough headroom to keep active pickups 100% clean all of the time. If you want a perfectly clean tone with active pickups then you really need at least 50w+ if it's a low-gain valve amp, 100w+ if it's a mid- or high-gain valve amp and 120w+ if it's any kind of solid state amp. And no, moving up to 20w won't make the slightest difference.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.