AirTurn is developing a Bluetooth footswitch for musicians using iPads to read lyrics and tab sheets to be able to turn pages hands free.

Several iPad app developers are collaborating to make the Bluetooth AirTurn page turner compatible with a wide variety of tab and sheet music readers.

The Bluetooth AirTurn is expected to be available sometime Q4 2010.

Check out the article from Engadget for more details:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/19/airturns-bt-105-footpedal-is-a-real-page-turner-video/
Now if UG were to implement this technology, or microsoft word, or anything besides the iPad, I'd be psyched.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Cool, too bad the iPad is an oversized, overpriced iPod Touch
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Sid McCall
Now if UG were to implement this technology, or microsoft word, or anything besides the iPad, I'd be psyched.

Well, the original AirTurn page turner was designed to work with regular laptops. The transmitter connects to one or two footswitches for forwards and backwards page turns, and the receiver connects to the USB port. Works with any program that can accept a Page Down and Page Up keyboard command (like Word, PDF readers, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.), since the AirTurn works as a wireless HID keyboard:

See http://airturn.com for more details
Last edited by hughsung at Jul 20, 2010,
Quote by hughsung
Well, the original AirTurn page turner was designed to work with regular laptops. The transmitter connects to one or two footswitches for forwards and backwards page turns, and the receiver connects to the USB port. Works with any program that can accept a Page Down and Page Up keyboard command (like Word, PDF readers, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.), since the AirTurn works as an HID keyboard:

See http://airturn.com for more details

Ah, well then that's even better!

Does it only work with Macs?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It still isn't worth the $500 or whatever they cost IMO.

Also,

Quote by WtrPlyr
This thread smells like advertising.

This.

Edit:

Quote by forsaknazrael
Is the laptop just photoshopped into the picture in the second pic?

I didn't even realize they were different pictures I think they just had the guy stay in the same exact position while they swapped out the stands, cause it's taken from a different angle, and there's a little different lighting.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 20, 2010,
Yeah...... i don't see a point to this at all. You can always use... a finger right? It's not like you're going to be playing live and sight reading at the same time?

Perhaps if the guitar was a piano.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Ah, well then that's even better!

Does it only work with Macs?

The AirTurn works with both Macs and PCs - we've even heard from Linux users who tell us that it works like a charm!
Quote by WtrPlyr
looks alot like it If not, I'd like a stand like that.

LOL - no, no, actual pics, we just swapped different computers to demonstrate how flexible the AirTurn page turner is.

BTW, you can find a whole line of laptop tripods here:

AirTurn's Laptop Tripods

They're pretty cool, with a rubberized surface that really grips the laptop even at steep angles. Breaks down to a size similar to regular wire music stands.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Alex_Vik: You're right, I put them into different tabs and did an A/B, different angle.

BoLz: if it's a song longer than two pages, turning it would mean stopping playing.

Some programs enable you to set up playlists, so even if you're only playing one page songs, you can advance them in your playlist hands free with the AirTurn. Good for gigs where you need to keep an eye on your lyric sheet