So I'm a self taught player of about 3 years, learned 3 and 4 string sweeps a few months ago, and recently decided to stop being such a little girl and learn how to 5 and 6 string sweep like a man! I'm having two problems though, the first is that I have a hell of a time hitting the hammer on with my pinky on the high e string halfway through the sweep, such as 15h19 (or whatever). It never comes out loud or clear, no matter how hard I try to hit it. The second is that I get a ringing open string resulting from accidental pull offs on the d and g strings. Are these technique issues, or will I eventually fix these with more practice? I've only been trying these for a few days.

tl;dr, I can't sweep, help me
alright man, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to spend 6 months learning how to sweep wrong well, I'll be in my basement with a metronome if you need me...
Quote by bluntzilla2010
alright man, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to spend 6 months learning how to sweep wrong well, I'll be in my basement with a metronome if you need me...

Crucially, you know where the problems are so make absolutely sure you fix them at a slow speed before you even think about speeding up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.