Does anyone have any good samples or video clips with this lil fella?

How does it stand up against the 5150? It obviously has better cleans, but are the JVM gain and distortion bad in comparison?

Let me hear your thoughts about this. Speak you mind and reply.

Yours,
Suttam
the JVM is massively more versatile than the 5150 but in its highest gain channel it will be more middy and 'british' than the 5150. They are both high quality amps however, and at that level IMO its simply about taste, not this is definitely better and that is definitely worse.

Official Marshall demos for the JVM series can be found here
http://www.marshallamps.com/marshall_theatre_popup.asp?clipCat=JVM_demo
The Marshall high gain wont sound as dark as the 5150, the jvm doesnt need all the gain it has imo. gain Channel one with the pre volume cranked is better sounding that gain 2.

What kinda music you play?
Quote by Jackamedmos
Different Amps, just a question of taste.

This. I'm not a fan of the 5150 at all, but I love the JVM. It's not that the 5150 is bad, it's just a matter of taste.
Can't stand the JVM. Sounds like a fizzy mess on high gain tones. Mid gain and clean are good, but then Marshall makes better amps suited for those genres
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm going to hop in and say I hate it too right after mclaw cuz everytime I say it without him around I get gangbanged.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
without him around I get gangbanged.

I thought you liked that!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by MatrixClaw
Can't stand the JVM. Sounds like a fizzy mess on high gain tones. Mid gain and clean are good, but then Marshall makes better amps suited for those genres

must seriously disagree with that i didnt detect the slightest hint of fizzyness could of have been the EQ settings id imagine it could sound fizzy with scooped mids but with them a bit higher it sounds goood then again wouldnt expect you to scoop them either:S
but i do understand why people dislike it the british voicing kinda throws people off i think whereas i love it
i tried out this next to the peavey 6505+ and much preferred the JVM but i really think it is a matter of personal taste
First of all the JVM is an absolutely different beast than the 5150.

It's much more versatile and sounds pretty different.
I wouldn't say that the gain is bad, it's different.

If you want to see some sound samples of it, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/SessionMusicTV and look through the guitar demos.
I know those are reviews in German, but those are the best demos you can find on Youtube IMO.
And better stay away from the videos with that emo-looking guy, he makes everything sound bad.

Here's a heavy demo with a seven-string:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFnMaE6vuv8

PS: The JVM is a very popular amp outside of this forum.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Jul 21, 2010,