So I'm new to recording as in I've never recorded but I would like to start

I am at a loss however I am trying to find a way to record using a pod xt live connected with a USB directly to my computer but I'm having no luck

so with that if anyone would like to help with a step by step aid that would be nice just assume that I have a USB cable, reaper or audacity and a pod xt live (plus obvious stuff like computer, guitar, cable)

thanks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
In Reaper, go to options -> preferences -> device and set input device as USB and output device as your speakers, then press the button with the letters (ar) on your track to arm it for recording, hit the record button and play.
Okay but do I need any drivers like asio or anything else? Thanks again
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
I didn't take that into consideration sorry. I've never used POD before, but I know a bit about Reaper. If you have the USB plugged straight into POD then into your computer, go to device, set ASIO as your audio system, set ASIO driver to POD and make sure enable inputs box is checked. The inputs should be set then, if not set them to (First-1: in 1) and (Last-2 :in 2). Then that should have it set up. My first info was for if you have a jack running out of your POD into your computer, again sorry about that.
Thanks man if I need any more help I'll be sure to ask
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Luckily I have the PodXT Live and I use it with REAPER

Setup to use with REAPER:
First make sure REAPER is not open and running yet. Turn on your POD and make sure your computer detects it, assuming you have a windows pc go to the bottom right of the taskbar (where it shows the time) and right click the sound icon then click recording devices and set the PodXT Live as default recording device. Now start up REAPER, insert a new track, click the "AR" which arms it for recording and if its working correctly you should be able to play something on your guitar and the bars should be moving. Now all thats left to do is to hit the record button and start jamming.

Hope that helps, any other questions just ask
Alright that's good help Also but I know that I may need asio drivers, which I know relatively little about, I know where to get asio4all, will I need that? And I so, what do I do once I download it? Because once I know that, I should be golden as far as I know

btw thanks tons
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Alright so a have my pod as the default recording device and I downloaded the trial versionbof reaper, but when I go to set the driver and I choose asio, it doesn't play through my speakers at all

plus when I use other drivers I can hear but when I play, the latency is horrible and sometimes it acts like it's skipping or clipping, any thoughts?

Thanks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
When you say speaker do you mean your computer speakers? Personally the best way to record and play at the same time is to simply plug the pod into an amp or directly to the speaker with that there is no delay..
Quote by omfgwtfbbqsauce
When you say speaker do you mean your computer speakers? Personally the best way to record and play at the same time is to simply plug the pod into an amp or directly to the speaker with that there is no delay..

well I can always just use headphones as monitors, but I'more concerned with the "skipping"
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious