I am planning on putting a Bigsby B7 and Filter'Tron pickups on my les paul 100
(i know its a cheap guitar but i don't want too buy a better guitar for money reasons.)

Will the sound of the guitar be worth the money or should i just sell the 100, and get a epi lp standard without the bigsby and the pickups?

I play a lot of white Stripes and blues and im playing through a Marshall Mg30Fx amp and a Big Muff Pi stomp box.

Any Help would be deeply apreciated!
Last edited by clay1010 at Jul 20, 2010,
I think you should get a new amp first.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I would say go for it as long as that guitar fits you.

You can always swap the parts to a new guitar if you upgrade later.
I'd say if you like the way your guitar plays, and it's neck is good, go ahead and add the bigsby. As for the pickups, I'm not sure. From what I've seen with my amp (MG100HFX) pickup changes don't do much, although the clean channel is amazingly clear.

If you don't like how it plays, get a new guitar, one that you can try ahead of time, or try and give your guitar a good setup.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Go for a new amp if you want Jack White's tone. He's been known crank Fender Twin Reverbs and throw a Big Muff in front of them on top of that, controlling the distortion with his volume knob. The guitars he generally plays in the White Stripes aren't really anything special. It's simple music recorded in lo-fi with a whole lotta finger tone. Really some of the best stuff for distorted blues is small tube amps like the Blackheart series if you wanna look into those.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Yeah Jack White plays old Airline plastic guitars, a wards cardboard guitar, and more ghetto stuff, Just watch 'it might get loud' and you'll be jonesn' for some old ghetto shit guitars. I got one ('67 Decca deluxe) and it's very Jack Whitey, it doesn't play for beans or stay in tune or sustain, but it rocks jack white style hard.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Yeah Jack White plays old Airline plastic guitars, a wards cardboard guitar, and more ghetto stuff, Just watch 'it might get loud' and you'll be jonesn' for some old ghetto shit guitars. I got one ('67 Decca deluxe) and it's very Jack Whitey, it doesn't play for beans or stay in tune or sustain, but it rocks jack white style hard.

yeah that was a great movie!
So your basically saying that i should get a crappier guitar?
maybe a teisco (if they are still out there and cheap) or god forbid a First Act.
An *older* crappier guitar!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
i have an old crappy guitar... 1967 Goya Rangemaster... google it... it's super ugly
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by clay1010
maybe a teisco (if they are still out there and cheap) or god forbid a First Act.

I have a Teisco EP-9T (google for pics). They're actually not a bad guitar. If they're in good condition they can play pretty well, perfect for Blues Rock.
thanks guys, the helps been great! ive decided to put a bigsby on it. as for the pickups, thats still up for descussion.
dude, keep the lp 100 , they are great playing guitars with a decent amp and some gfs pickups.i have one and my friend has one, weve never had any problems with them. i prefer my lp 100 over my blue epi standard.
Quote by clay1010

Just a good amp and good fingers. That said, filtertrons and a bigsby would be totally awesome