Hello All,

This is my first post here, and I hope I am not breaking any forum rules with my topic. I am considering selling my guitar amp. I purchased it in 1999 and the amp hasn't seen much use (one or twice a month for an hour). The amp is a Peavy Classic 50 410 (in Tweed). My question is two fold:

1) Where can I sell used gear? Craig's List sounds like one option, but I don't know if these are forums out there where you can sell gear.

2) How much is my amp worth. New units run $900-1000 online, and I feel the amp is in really good condition.

Thank you all for your help, and have a great evening.
craigslist is probably your best bet if you don't want to ship it. otherwise ug has a classifieds section, and of course ebay. as far as what you could get for it, maybe 600 if it's like new, probably less
depends where you live, around here Kijiji is way more active than Clist
I currently live in Houston. I moved here recently, so I don't know a heck of alot about the local area. I considered taking it to a music store and asking what they thought, but I think I will just go with Craig's list.

Regarding condition, the amp is aesthetically in good condition, but it needs to be cleaned up as it is a bit dusty on top.

This brings up a good topic...how does one clean dust out of tweed??
Quote by eljefe27
I currently live in Houston. I moved here recently, so I don't know a heck of alot about the local area. I considered taking it to a music store and asking what they thought, but I think I will just go with Craig's list.

Regarding condition, the amp is aesthetically in good condition, but it needs to be cleaned up as it is a bit dusty on top.

This brings up a good topic...how does one clean dust out of tweed??

Try compressed air whether it be from a can or a compressor. Just be careful.
obviously there is ebay, but you get double timed with the ebay/paypal fees.

Theres also the option of selling it to a local guitar center, i would imagine they don't pay much as compared to what you can sell private for, but i've never done it so i don't know.
Guitars
Amps
Cmmon sense don't sell to a music store; avoid this place seems nobody makes deals anyway. Just go to craigslist.. Its really not that hard. Put the amp up check yopur email and meet somewhere?

I use ebay or other CL for averages on prices.. Expect alot less of what you paid tho.