I was thinking of getting Ernie Ball guitar strings so I did some research. My current strings are Elixir strings. It seems that people prefer the Elixir strings better. Which one would be the better choice to go with?
It's all personal preference. I used to use Elixirs, but switched to Ernie Ball. Elixirs really aren't worth the 15 bucks or so a pack, imo.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Try Ernie Balls, I mean strings are not a huge investment so you can try many diffrent brands and gauges till you find a set that you are happy with and if you do not like them go back to what you were using or try diffrent brand.

In my personal point of view Ernie Balls don't last very long and sound too dull. I haven't tried Elixirs they are like $17 dollars here, I do not think that is a fair price.

I like the Dean Markley Vintage sets or the John Pearse sets.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Jul 20, 2010,
I've never liked Ernie Balls, they're really just bass strings in the end. Also Elixirs tend to last me months if I don't get around to changing strings, and my local guitar store owner doesn't know shit about guitars so he sells me Elixirs at 5$ a pack
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
my local guitar store owner doesn't know shit about guitars so he sells me Elixirs at 5$ a pack

**** you! I wish mine didn't know shit
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Ernie Balls are too twangy. I prefer DR's. Then again, I play in B standard so its more noticeable. Just try them and see how you feel.
Quote by kaosxrocker
**** you! I wish mine didn't know shit

It's actually pretty sad. He still thinks all guitar strings are the same and are worth 5 bucks for any set..
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I've gone through all these coated strings and stuff, and I finally settled that DR strings were the best coated ones - better feel and much better tone than ANY other coated strings by a mile... then I realised the ones I was using weren't actually coated

moral of the story: I wouldn't bother with coated strings. Ernie Ball are quite good, as are DR and D'Addario and if I were you I'd choose from those three.
first off, i have never liked ernie ball, the lose their brightness very quickly compared to most other strings i have tried.

i have never used elixer, and absolutely refuse to spend $15 on a set of guitar strings.

i personally use D'addario's, but in my eyes they are the second best out there, first being DR.

however i dont like paying $7-8 for DR's, so i buy D'addario's for $3.50 a pack when i buy ten.

IMO it isn't worth it to spend more than $5 on strings, they just get dull and break. i would rather spend less on strings and restring more ofter so i get more nice bright, crisp, and fresh tone for my money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/