Aw, Zoot is gonna be pissed when he sees this.

And I think they're pretty cool. Not sure how'd you'd apply them to multi track recording.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
This technique, or something similar anyway, was actually used on Mnemic's The Audio Injected Soul in 2004 ;-p
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Well we haven't really used holophonics in an actual movie yet, i know what you are talking about, but it isn't really binaural, if we had a horror movie with binaural sounds it would be terrifying, because the way everything is recorded, we wouldn't be so sure if we heard something or not, and we would be questioning it ourselves, just as a character would, and if we could develop the same suspicions as them i don't think the movies will have to make everything so obvious anymore.
And i mean we can only comprehend 3 dimensions, so this is the most real sound will probably ever get.
This could be cool as hell for horror movies and videogames.

Imagine Silent Hill or Dead Space with audio like this. pants=shat
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
This technique, or something similar anyway, was actually used on Mnemic's The Audio Injected Soul in 2004 ;-p

Thats cool man! The guitars sound really dense even with a low volume, and I'm using cheap ipod headphones.
I know Pink Floyd used this a few times in the 80s, but they never got to into it, mostly just noises, but it sounded mor eliek Left Right Panning.

Quote by L2112Lif
Ever hear of Quadrophonic sound systems? Probably not. It was the 'next biggest thing' in the 80's, beaten out by surround sound (By, get this, adding in one more speaker to the quadrophonic system).

Hahaha thats pretty funny man.
Quote by Zoot Allures
WTF i just made this thread O_O

edit: seriously, i hope you don't think im mirroring thats nuts

Haha someone mentioned you, so you definitely posted first haha, where did you post that i didn't find anything anywhere? But seriously this technique is way cool haha
Quote by Next Hendrix
This could be cool as hell for horror movies and videogames.

Imagine Silent Hill or Dead Space with audio like this. pants=shat

Hahahaha i would think all that was happening in real life, and turn around scared outta my mind.
Quote by Yoda_is_real
Haha someone mentioned you, so you definitely posted first haha, where did you post that i didn't find anything anywhere? But seriously this technique is way cool haha

I'm not sure i did, your post time is before mine. But in that case, how did the burning fish mention me being pissed off 2 minutes after you posted and therefore before my thread?! :|
Do you have to have hearing in both ears for it to work?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Zoot Allures
I'm not sure i did, your post time is before mine. But in that case, how did the burning fish mention me being pissed off 2 minutes after you posted and therefore before my thread?! :|

Dude holy crap your right, either he is a time traveler, or there is a major conspiracy going on here D: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The world doesnt want us to be ahead of our time dude >!
I'll get the pitchforks, someone else handle the torches. I wont tolerate witchcraft.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
That was awesome. I pulled off my headphones a couple of times to see if it really was the audio.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Forgive me for the reference, but there's magic all up in this bitch.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by L2112Lif
Ever hear of Quadrophonic sound systems? Probably not. It was the 'next biggest thing' in the 80's, beaten out by surround sound (By, get this, adding in one more speaker to the quadrophonic system).

I'm pretty sure Dark Side of the Moon was recorded this way, but since the whole thing never caught on it just sounds like very well mixed stereo.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
I'm pretty sure Dark Side of the Moon was recorded this way, but since the whole thing never caught on it just sounds like very well mixed stereo.

I believe this since they used this technique repeatedly throughout their discography.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It just sounds like clever panning to me, nothing new.

Zoot understands the whole difference, it has something timing, and mics placed in certain places, like on a fake human head or something. It isnt panned in a studio, but it is recorded this way thats why the sound can be up, down, back left, front above, or whatever.
I like this. I forgot I even had headphones one. I really felt like he started blowdrying my hair though.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Yoda_is_real
Zoot understands the whole difference, it has something timing, and mics placed in certain places, like on a fake human head or something. It isnt panned in a studio, but it is recorded this way thats why the sound can be up, down, back left, front above, or whatever.

I understand it perfectly, I'm just saying, if your lazy like me, you can get the exact same effect in a DAW with clever panning, be harder to do, but some of us don't have 2 mics lying around.

It's like the 3D TV thing, it's not going to catch on, sure it's cool, but impractical. Especially in most of music, like, rock, metal, rap, country, it's impractical, you want the mix to sound huge, not kinda over here, then over there like it is at a concert. In movies, you want it all around you, they do something similar to this in video games recently, where if you turn your head, it'll be less loud than if you were facing the person talking.

It might catch on with movie making, but I expect they've been using this method for a while.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I like this. I forgot I even had headphones one. I really felt like he started blowdrying my hair though.

Hahaha yeah i really hope they use this in horror films now! lol
Syd Barrett used a panning thing alot in the 60s when stereo was first being introduced, i imagine for psychedelic purposes, or techno some one can use like a swarm of notes, like insane guitar tapping or something coming in from all these directions, and could really blow some minds.
Also you could make a really scary song like "revolution 9" by the Beatles, and make it that much scarier.
Quote by Yoda_is_real
Well we haven't really used holophonics in an actual movie yet, i know what you are talking about, but it isn't really binaural, if we had a horror movie with binaural sounds it would be terrifying, because the way everything is recorded, we wouldn't be so sure if we heard something or not, and we would be questioning it ourselves, just as a character would, and if we could develop the same suspicions as them i don't think the movies will have to make everything so obvious anymore.
And i mean we can only comprehend 3 dimensions, so this is the most real sound will probably ever get.

That would make the cinema industry skyrocket. 3D vision with 3d sound and you got one killer movie. also it would give people a reason to go to a movie theater instead of just pirating the video. but we have only yet to use that.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by kcorkcar
That would make the cinema industry skyrocket. 3D vision with 3d sound and you got one killer movie. also it would give people a reason to go to a movie theater instead of just pirating the video. but we have only yet to use that.

I know right! haha