Poll: Do you want to make a lot of money?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you want to make a lot of money?
Yes
55 71%
No
22 29%
Voters: 77.
Of course we all need money to survive in society, and obviously everyone would like to have x billion dollars if it could just magically appear, but we know that can't happen, you have to earn it. But what I'm asking is, is making a lot of money a primary aspiration of your's? Or do you consider other other areas of life to take a far greater precedence in terms of importance (family, career, learning, spirituality, etc.)?
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Jul 20, 2010,
Money can't buy love.

...and neither can poverty
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
At the risk of sounding a complete nob, i've recently discovered that money isn't all that great.

I don't wish i were a rich man, i want rich men to wish they were me.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I would like to have money, just to snowboard and play guitar. Thats all i want with money, most material things don't matter. Meeting a girl, and having fun with friends is important to me right now.
So ya, money would be nice but I don't care to spend the time and effort to make it. I'd put just about everything first before a job.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
I am aiming to earn a Ph.D and open a scientific research firm or company that produces and distributes essential chemicals or discoveries of my own, so my career is pretty important. Yes I'd like to have a modest 6 figure salary eventually but all of this is so that I can provide for my family with whatever they need and more.
Quote by JacobTheMe
The poll results are completely unexpected.

(Not really).

its honest. though im fine being poor, rich would be nice
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
At the risk of sounding a complete nob, i've recently discovered that money isn't all that great.

I don't wish i were a rich man, i want rich men to wish they were me.

This exactly haha, but i wish i had money for support so i dont die, it isn't a primary aspiration, but more of a goal, If i were the rambo of the woods, and could hunt bambis with their own tears and a leaf then i wouldnt care to have money, i just want to be alive so i could have fun, and meet people.
No, I would like to lead to live a simple life. '63 Corvette, decent wife, kids who will grow up to be Muhammad Ali's reincarnation. Not too much to ask is it?
I don't want to WORRY about money ever, I want to live a happy life where money is not as much of an issue as it is for most people. I know that requires HAVING a lot of money, but it doesn't need to be billions of dollars. Just decent savings and a good job with enough free time.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I had a Corporate job with a big check... and a bigger bonus. I got a big head, my world became about the shit I had and not the dreams in my head.

So I quit. I work part-time now making a decent wage and I play with a few diff. small time bands. I barely make rent, the bills are stacking up....

... and I couldn't be happier. I dated a girl who changed my perspective on things, I recommend every guy date a hippy ska/reggae lover. It'll change your life
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by Zaphikh
...and neither can poverty

especially poverty
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
If I choose no will I make enough money to live comfortably? Or is the other option not having much money?

If it's between having a lot and having a little I'd take a lot.
It would be nice to have lots of money, but it's nowhere near the top in my aspirations.
It's gonna be a blue day
Preferably, I would like society to gravitate away from a money based economic model, but obviously I would want to make enough money right now to live comfortably.
Money can help with other goals, so I'd like to be rich.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
When I see big houses I always think to myself "I'd never want to live a house like that" so no, I don't want to make lots of money, and if I did, I'd end giving a lot to charity
No i don't really want to make lots of money. It would be nice, but i can make do with out it. My happiness doesn't depend on me making tons of money. I can be happy with out it.
Because you know the key to happiness is a good guitar and great girl.
Yes and no. I want to own a ranch in Northern California, or Oregon, or something. That would cost quite a bit. Other than that I don't really care as long as I have enough money to not sweat on a rainy day.
not really, I just want enough money so I don't have to worry about money, I'm happy being like, middle class, getting by but still doing the things I love, kinda guy, I don't need a million dollars.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss