So, I was reading an article on Beck and his "Record Club" which is where he invites a variety of musicians to cover an entire album and each artist takes a different track and recreates the song in their own style. Its really cool.

I was thinking that UG should have a similar thing. Which means that we would all have to agree on an album, record it, and then release it as a whole.

Would anybody else be interested in something like this? Where we release a different album every month?

My ideas for some albums are:
"Oracular Spectacular" MGMT
"Blood On The Tracks" Bob Dylan
"Doolittle" The Pixies

While you are free to suggest any album at all, I think that you should think about albums that could still keep their greatness even while diverse. (For instance a lot of metal or punk albums may become awkward acoustic).
It would incredible if someone did Dopesmoker.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Neil Young - everybody knows this is nowhere. or Fun House by iggy and the stooges.

edit: if not that i second jacobs bob dylan suggestion, i'm not a fan of his but his songs can usually be covered really well.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 20, 2010,
This has potential, methinks. I hope Dopesmoker is a joke, though. Great album, but very little potential for this.

Being a metalnerd, I'd like to see Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast done in various genres. Like make a list of genres (excluding metal) and have people pick songs and genres off the list and do the covers that way.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
If enough people want Dopesmoker, then we'll do it.

I also just thought of "Rio" by Duran Duran.
London Calling would be ridiculously epic.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by TheReverend724
Blue - Weezer

Pinkerton.

London Calling is actually a fantastic idea though.