Hey, this is a cover I did a while ago, and It was just sort of on-the-fly, and I didn't put too much planning or effort into it. Just thought It'd be interesting to use the heavy distortion to make sort of a bit of a rap-metal fusion. I like it, it makes the cover a bit more original in my opinion.

This was also to check and debug my recording setup.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5966CmvNGug
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
well either you aren't on time or there's some latency between your amp and your computer. if it's the former, it might be because you can't hear yourself playing. i saw you're using Audacity, which really isn't that great; you might want to upgrade to Reaper (it's free, basically) and get ASIO drivers to solve any latency problems. if you don't know what i'm talking about you can google it or ask around here.

as for the actual playing, it was pretty good, it just didn't sound that great because of the off-timeness. what amp were you using?
Quote by gnomieowns
well either you aren't on time or there's some latency between your amp and your computer. if it's the former, it might be because you can't hear yourself playing. i saw you're using Audacity, which really isn't that great; you might want to upgrade to Reaper (it's free, basically) and get ASIO drivers to solve any latency problems. if you don't know what i'm talking about you can google it or ask around here.

as for the actual playing, it was pretty good, it just didn't sound that great because of the off-timeness. what amp were you using?

Thanks man, this was a while ago when I had no money at all and basically jimmy-rigged up the most dodgy and cheap of recording setups. I do have ASIO, but I didnt use it on this cover.

I couldnt hear myself recording on the track, which is why shortly after I purchased a M-Audio Fast track which has basically solved all my recording issues.

at the time of recording my recording setup consisted of Guitar-> Roland Cube30x->Computer mic input via recording out on the Cube30x
using a cheap ass $10 cord. I realise now that I am very lucky not to have fried the soundcard in my computer and have learnt from my mistakes.

Peace.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.