Hello UG, long time user first time poster. First of all, I've been playing electric guitar on-and-off for about 2 years, and now I'm back full-time, and what a pain it is. I'm currently learning how to shred, and the biggest obstacle I have faced is roll sweeping (for example 16th fret D string, 14th string G string all the way up to E). I have small hands and my index finger size is 6.5cm (which I place from G to E).

I have never used my small hands before as an excuse for anything, but this technique is really irking me, I find it very difficult to press down in a roll, and even watching Michael Angelo Batio he uses his middle finger to press down on his index when rolling (which I have done to limited success).

I am particularly worried about calluses building on the length of my index finger (which is most prominent about the 2nd ring) and if this is normal or I am just pressing down far too hard, since the length of my index finger has begun to feel weird when I close it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Lighten your touch, practice slow with a metronome.

I know this seems generic, but its the answer to 90% of all technique and form questions.

Also, my ring finger on my left hand is a bit longer than my right hand thanks to calluses... I think its kinda cool
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
...also, rolling is one of those things that just feels unatural. I can only do it with my ring finger and index properly.

You really shouldnt be pressing all that hard bud, you're going to hurt yourself.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I am practicing 4 notes at 40bpm. I just can't seem to make it press down fully when I roll consistently, sometimes I can do it, and I just have trouble with the flat part of my index finger. Trust me, I'm doing everything slow and clean and distorted (I'm up to 72bpm in terms of sweep) but this technique has just irked me.