Poll: What era does your music come from?
Poll Options
View poll results: What era does your music come from?
Most of my music is from modern times.
47 22%
Most of my music is from back in the day
26 12%
It's about 50/50 between the old and new
25 12%
I listen to a variety, both old and new.
105 49%
:( joke option.
10 5%
Voters: 213.
Page 1 of 3
As in , do you listen to bands that are generally more popular or becomes popular with the youth (teens to early 20s) of today? I'm asking since i've noticed almost all the music i listen to is either from back in the day or is by bands that are made up of people who are getting on in years...

Obviously i like stuff from nowadays also but i'd like to think i'm not excluding stuff based on its age but this means a lot of stuff is from back in the day, really that makes sense though right? Since theres obviously going to be more music overall from the past than from modern times.

Do you listen to 'current' music for lack of a better term?

poll soon
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jul 20, 2010,
Trance is considered "old" after a couple of months. So I'd say so.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Zoot Allures
As in , do you listen to bands that are generally more popular or aimed at the youth of today? I'm asking since i've noticed almost all the music i listen to is either from back in the day or is by bands that are made up of people who are getting on in years...

Obviously i like stuff from nowadays also but i'd like to think i'm not excluding stuff based on its age but this means a lot of stuff is from back in the day, really that makes sense though right? Since theres obviously going to be more music overall from the past than from modern times.

Do you listen to 'current' music for lack of a better term?

poll soon

Not necessarily, but most of the music I listen to is from the last 10 years.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I listen to a lot of recent music by young bands, but I can't really think of much that I listen to which is popular. I quite like the Arctic Monkeys and MGMT and some other stuff, but I don't really listen to them that often.
Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band. They've been around for 10 years and their new album is coming out in a week. I'd say they're current.

I listen to Eminem as well. He's current.

Black Label Society also.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I listen to a variety of music. Most of my favourite stuff is older, but I still like a lot of the new stuff.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Lots of Dubstep, which goes back only about 5 or 6 years, and modern prog rock or alt rock.

Sooo, mostly this day and age.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Not necessarily, but most of the music I listen to is from the last 10 years.

The last 10 years or so must be 'current' though , most people who listen to the popular bands from this time are young and probably got into them during the last 10 years or even the last 15 years.
Not usually. If it's played at a dance or something like that then I don't mind it (I actually enjoy it then... >___>. But for just listening, I TAKE ZEE METAL!! \m/

Some AWESOME metal bands in the modern age: WINTERSUN, Ensiferum, Whispered, Children of Bodom, The Sword, Elvenking, Eluveitie, Moonsorrow, Norther, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, and so many others...
I listen to mostly 70-90's stuff, most new music sounds very processed to me, with mixed in goodies and hits for the faithful and undetered listener.

On the flip side, new ska is the shit right now. The Expendable and Rebelution are making things VERY interesting on the scene, I love it.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I only listen to music from the 1200's.

1270 was a pretty good period, but the music got bad in 1280 when those outfits came out and they were just making music with stringed instruments. 1290 was pretty cool because it was very lyrical and most people just wanted to talk about their life on the lords land. Very deep thought provoking stuff. 1300's was alright, but I cant stand music from 1310.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
a vast majority of my music comes from the 60's, 70s and 80s, but I'm a pretty big Eminem and Coldplay fan (as well as a lot of music similar to theirs), so a fair amount of my music also comes from this day and age. (yes, I like Drake and Lil Wayne, **** you if you have an issue with that)
Quote by Zoot Allures
The last 10 years or so must be 'current' though , most people who listen to the popular bands from this time are young and probably got into them during the last 10 years or even the last 15 years.

I meant that they were aimed for young people, because I can't think of any which is, except for Andrew W.K., who I'm listening to now, but I don't know how long he's been around.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
(yes, I like Drake and Lil Wayne, **** you if you have an issue with that)

I have an issue with that.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I like some modern hip hop artists. K'naan is currently one of my favorites. I can't say I'm a big fan of all the modern alternative and indie artists, however. Bands like MGMT, Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, etc. don't really do it for me. I do like Lady Gaga, Nickleback to an extent, OutKast, Alter Bridge, Eminem (and many other hip hop artists), so its really case-by-case with me.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
wow i feel cool. i'm the only one who voted joke option at this point.

OT: metal from the 80's onward. I think it's a pretty even mix as far as what i listen to and own.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by SteveHouse

well.... you already know what I have to say about that

sometimes, when driving in the car with a few buds, there isn't a whole lot better than a bit of lil wayne.
Quote by SteveHouse

+1
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I listen to stuff from mostly the past 3 decades, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Although I do listen to some "newer" bands like Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Shinedown, and Alter Bridge. I also listen to my favorite older bands' new albums they put out and stuff.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
well.... you already know what I have to say about that

It's cool. Most of the Pit would hear some of my favorite vocal trance choons and immediately insult my masculinity or lack there of.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Nelsean
I only listen to music from the 1200's.

1270 was a pretty good period, but the music got bad in 1280 when those outfits came out and they were just making music with stringed instruments. 1290 was pretty cool because it was very lyrical and most people just wanted to talk about their life on the lords land. Very deep thought provoking stuff. 1300's was alright, but I cant stand music from 1310.

It was those fucking lutes, they completely ruined music, any muppet could pick one up and call himself a 'musician'.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
(yes, I like Drake and Lil Wayne, **** you if you have an issue with that)

I dont see why anyone should, unless they're 16 years of age and play guitar.

Oh wai...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by GibsonMan321
I listen to stuff from mostly the past 3 decades, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Although I do listen to some "newer" bands like Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Shinedown, and Alter Bridge. I also listen to my favorite older bands' new albums they put out and stuff.

I feel obligated to rec you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb3ep6YW0JI
Quote by lolmnt
There's a gem here and there in this day and age. You just gotta look hard.

Unless we're talking about all genres in general.
Quote by SteveHouse

It's cool. Most of the Pit would hear some of my favorite vocal trance choons and immediately insult my masculinity or lack there of.

Shut up you fairy.
Quote by lolmnt
Lately I've been listening to newer stuff, Muse, Mastodon, Tool, Boards of Canada, Radiohead (do they count), MGMT, QOTSA, BTBAM, etc.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Nelsean
I dont see why anyone should, unless they're 16 years of age and play guitar.

Oh wai...

yes i know, this was a terrible place to let people know that I actually like their music
Just about everything I listen to is from the early 90's to now.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by mattman93
Lately I've been listening to newer stuff, Muse, Mastodon, Tool, Boards of Canada, Radiohead (do they count), MGMT, QOTSA, BTBAM, etc.

I don't think radiohead would count, unless we include everything from 1990-present.
Unrelated, why do you always do public polls?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Both. I used to listen to a lot more older music, but now I tend to listen to a lot more newer music.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Shut up you fairy.

Spin this
and this

get plus rave chicks

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Mainstream radio is practically all that I pay attention to nowadays.

Not to snub the classics or the underground, for without it there can be no mainstream. I appreciate both for what they are, and what they have done.
Page 1 of 3