Hi! I'm new here, so I don't know quite how all this works, but I decided I'd give it a try.

I have been learning theory for about half a year now, and have been improving faster then anyone else I've heard of, but as I look back, I realized it's because I'm skipping a lot, and don't really know as much as I thought I did, Now I'm trying to fill in the spots I skipped over.

Right now I only really have one question, how do I find out which chords fit with wich scales?

Also, any other help with any chord theory at all would be usefull, because I'm way behind on that.
What you're looking for is called "key theory". It dictates what chords sound good with what keys generally.

It's good that you've realised that you know very little, some people never figure that out
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Key theory, scale harmonization and chord construction is what you want
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Well, basically scales are used to compose chords.

Check out Josh Urban's The Crusade in the column section
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Major scale Chords off of notes in order, capital letters mean major, lower case minor
I ii iii IV V vi vii*, vii has a diminished 5th, so usually, since it contains all the notes from a V7 chord, V7 is used in place of vii. V7 is the fifth chord of the scale with the seventh. Minor scale is i ii* III iv v VI VII, this time ii is diminished and usually is substituted with VII in this case. If you make v into a major chord, then you have harmonic minor. This is how the scales relate to the chords if you memorize this it makes it easier, and remember all chords are built off the scale you are in using the root note of the chord, the third, the fifth, and sometimes the seventh, If this seems to confusing you should pick up a theory book and see if it helps
Quote by Bad Kharmel
Major scale Chords off of notes in order, capital letters mean major, lower case minor
I ii iii IV V vi vii*, vii has a diminished 5th, so usually, since it contains all the notes from a V7 chord, V7 is used in place of vii. V7 is the fifth chord of the scale with the seventh. Minor scale is i ii* III iv v VI VII, this time ii is diminished and usually is substituted with VII in this case. If you make v into a major chord, then you have harmonic minor. This is how the scales relate to the chords if you memorize this it makes it easier, and remember all chords are built off the scale you are in using the root note of the chord, the third, the fifth, and sometimes the seventh, If this seems to confusing you should pick up a theory book and see if it helps

Wow, I know theory and that was confusing lol.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
To Bad Kharmel: That is pretty confusing, but i do understand most of the terms and stuff, so I should be able to work it out, thanks for the advise!

To gizmodious: Where would I find the Josh Urban Crusade thing? Do you have a link for it?
all the notes in the chord have to fit in the scale (unless ur being dissonant but that has nothing to do with the question). capitol roman numerals mean major, lower case means minor. in the major scale, the chords are I-ii-iii-IV-V-vi-viio, and the o means diminished. other scales are different, like the harmonic minor has an augmented chord in it, but you probably don't need to know any of that yet, just memorize the chords in the major scale and you'll get it.

Key of Cmajor for example:
Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, Gmaj, Amin, Bdim
Or Aminor (you just move the chords around):
Amin, Bdim, Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, Gmaj

just apply that same formula to all the keys. I'll give 1 more example so you understand that it works exactly the same in every key, this one's Gmajor
Gmajor, Aminor, Bminor, Cmajor, Dmajor, Eminor, F#diminished. And from there you can probably figure out Eminor. Hope this helped
Quote by nbur4556
To Bad Kharmel: That is pretty confusing, but i do understand most of the terms and stuff, so I should be able to work it out, thanks for the advise!

To gizmodious: Where would I find the Josh Urban Crusade thing? Do you have a link for it?

the crusades is an article written on this site actually! on the home page of UG, search the Crusades under the columns search, rather than tabs or band.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic