This might be a noob question, but is there a way for me to record/connect my Peavey Valve King 100 (watts) head to my iMac. I have an Amplitube software but im afraid to run my actual amp head due to the wattageissue. Thanks
Guitars:
Schecter Blackjack C1 FR (Blackouts)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger (EMG's)

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
No, don't do it unless you've got an audio interface and an attenuator to give the amp a load. You run a huge chance of damaging both your Mac and your Amp if you don't do it without both of those.

I'll give you props for asking before doing it. Its gonna cost about $450 to get a bare minimum setup to get it going.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
No, don't do it unless you've got an audio interface and an attenuator to give the amp a load. You run a huge chance of damaging both your Mac and your Amp if you don't do it without both of those.

I'll give you props for asking before doing it. Its gonna cost about $450 to get a bare minimum setup to get it going.

Yeah thats what i was afraid of, thanks tho.
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Quote by Tempoe
Use a mic?

Would it sound decent without soundproofing my apartment?
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Quote by ootero.usa
Would it sound decent without soundproofing my apartment?

I've mic'd amps in dorm rooms... Don't do it if your walls are thin or made of plywood/drywall/thin building materials. The sound just gets eaten by these materials and your amp will sound deader than a rat inside a fox that was found three days after getting hit by a parked car by a lonely boy who only wanted a friend.
Quote by L2112Lif
I've mic'd amps in dorm rooms... Don't do it if your walls are thin or made of plywood/drywall/thin building materials. The sound just gets eaten by these materials and your amp will sound deader than a rat inside a fox that was found three days after getting hit by a parked car by a lonely boy who only wanted a friend.

Well im sure my apartment complex was not built with top notch materials so im guessing thats a no
Guitars:

Amp:
Valveking 100
Valveking Cab 4X12
Behringer V-Tone GMX212

Effects:
Maxxon OD808
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2
Boss DS-1
Oh screw it, just mic it up and see how it sounds. Use a proper mic/interface though! But if you already have amplitube, just get an interface and use that, it'll sound wayyy better than your Peavey. I'm half tempted to use the Amplitube Orange setting instead of turning on my actual Orange sometimes!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by L2112Lif
I've mic'd amps in dorm rooms... Don't do it if your walls are thin or made of plywood/drywall/thin building materials.

so what kind of walls does one need to get a good recording?