hi, i am now in united states and i need a new delay pedal, buet i dont know what pedal to buuy. i was going to buy a dl4 first but then i thought of a carbon copy because it was analog. but i really dont know what tuo buy. please help me.!!!
i like playing guns n roses ac dc ozzy osborne john mayer led zep, etc
Depends what you need. The DL4 has alot more features (many different delay simulations, looping, presets, tap tempo, etc) over the Carbon Copy, but you might prefer the CC's tone. On a DL4-scale budget, you could go for a used Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, which would piss all over the CC...

Or you could go for the Deluxe Memory Boy, which is an analog delay that has tap tempo and is far more tweakable than the Carbon Copy.

Also, analog isn't always better than digital, especially as far as delays go.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I want to get another boss DD-3 those are my favorite
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
my budget is up to what the dl4 goes. i realy want a good sounding pedalboard but also with some extra feautures,
Electro Harmonics Memory Man :P Very Underated :P
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
Or Malekko Ekko 616.
Same price as a CC, but with more features.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
I liked the TC Electronics Nova Delay when I was able to use for about a week. It has 9 presets vs. the 3?...4? on the DL4. I was mad at it for a couple days until I figured out the correct way to switch between presets.

Basically what you want to look into is if you need really long delays (digital) and then if you want to have presets. If you don't need anything excessively long and don't mind turning knobs go for an analog. There's something about the Carbon Copy I like a lot, but I haven't played a Memory Boy and that has a few more features.
I have a huge fear if rays.
DL-4s are great pedals.

I have read about reliability problems in regards to the footswitches. I've only played with them in shops and I haven't had long term experience. It is easy to get DL-4 modded so there shouldn't be too many worries.

I really like my Carbon Copy, although I would've got a Malekko 616 If I could find one.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
malekko isnt in stores like sam ash and guitar center, where can i fin one??
Quote by silly hats
DL-4s are great pedals.

I have read about reliability problems in regards to the footswitches. I've only played with them in shops and I haven't had long term experience. It is easy to get DL-4 modded so there shouldn't be too many worries.

I really like my Carbon Copy, although I would've got a Malekko 616 If I could find one.

My other guitarist has a DL4 thats a couple years and sometimes you really have to stomp the switches pretty hard to get them to work. Other than that the sounds are great.

As for the Malekko... http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/retailer-page
I have a huge fear if rays.
if you want ambient delays that fill up space, get an good analog delay like a memory man. if you was precise, clear repeats, go with a Line DL4, Boss DD20 or another big box digital delay.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I've used a DD-20 for a few years. It's reliable, clean, easy to use, and most friends that play with it end up buying one. I've just purchased a Digitech Jamman Delay Sampler/Looper which I hooked up with the DD-20. Have only just started playing with this setup, but the 'soundscapes' that can be produced are cosmic. Having two DD's opens up new worlds like never before. I should add that I have a Boss DD-7 which I use when gigging as it takes up only a single pedal space in my Boss pedal board. If you don't need extra long delay times, the DD-7 is an excellent almost idiot proof pedal that emulates the analog sound very well. It's inexpensive and well constructed. Doesn't suck too much power either. Gheerd- MD
Quote by GN'R
and the deluxe memory boy?? what do ypu think about it?

The DMB is a great unit for its price
Quote by silly hats
DL-4s are great pedals.

I've seen a few for sale that had broken/fixed footswitches.

I dunno, I wouldn't pay $250 USD for a new DL-4 when for $150 more you can have an M9, which is a DL4 plus the other fullsize Line 6 stombox modellers, plus (apparently) a better looper and more delay features than the DL-4.
The tap tempo feature is absolutely essential for me, once you get used to it you need it (live anyways)
and nova delayyy??? i'm between the DMB and the ova delay from tc. electronics
Nova is great. Totally worth it if you're going digital. For analog, I'd say the DMM with Hazarai or Malekko Echo.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Raijouta
Depends what you need. The DL4 has alot more features (many different delay simulations, looping, presets, tap tempo, etc) over the Carbon Copy, but you might prefer the CC's tone. On a DL4-scale budget, you could go for a used Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, which would piss all over the CC...

Or you could go for the Deluxe Memory Boy, which is an analog delay that has tap tempo and is far more tweakable than the Carbon Copy.

Also, analog isn't always better than digital, especially as far as delays go.

really great post... TS, for what u said u played, also gonna throw the AquaPuss out there. not sayin buy it, just try it, might suit u very well. but yeah, DMM is pretty much classic, and no, analog isn't ALWAYS better, but for what you play TS (maybe with the exception of the intro to Welcome to the Jungle) analog is prolly the way you want to go. you'll find the CC delay very dark compared to other analog delays tho (if you've tried others. if u haven't, do so).
Quote by GrisKy
really great post... TS, for what u said u played, also gonna throw the AquaPuss out there. not sayin buy it, just try it, might suit u very well.

I think the Aquapuss is only like 300 ms delay, and it might sound good but for the money you can get something that sounds almost as good but does a hell of a lot more.

As far as shorter delays go, Visual Sound H20 and BBE Two-Timer are about the same price as the Aquapuss, and viewing the specs they seem much more versatile and fun to play with.

But whatever floats your boat.

A good deal would be an RV-3, which used is the same as a new RV-5, but it has a 2000 ms delay built in IIRC
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by Sguit
The DMB is a great unit for its price

I wouldn't say "great". It's only good if you don't plan on having any clairty in your repeats.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
I wouldn't say "great". It's only good if you don't plan on having any clairty in your repeats.

any analog isn't (and isn't meant to be) crystal clear... DMB is good for the cash, better than the CC. i get ur point though, not the end-all to delays.
The Aqua Puss is great if you don't need long delays or versatility. I bought one back in February and wound up selling it to fund other stuff. The repeats are a bit brighter and have more clarity than a lot of other analog delays, more like a tape echo without the warble. If it had double the delay time, it'd be a keeper. I might build a modded clone eventually.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The Aqua Puss is great if you don't need long delays or versatility. I bought one back in February and wound up selling it to fund other stuff. The repeats are a bit brighter and have more clarity than a lot of other analog delays, more like a tape echo without the warble. If it had double the delay time, it'd be a keeper. I might build a modded clone eventually.

tempting, lemme know if u ever do?
There are PCBs you can buy for it. The only problem would be tracking down the NOS chips if you want to be authentic to the originals and then calibrating it without an oscilloscope. The double delay time mod is simple if you can do the rest.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i would like a good made delay, which dont have soo many problems, talking about raliability.. because i live in argentina and i dont want to come to usa to have it fixed.