Whenever I tune one string the others just go out of tune again. HELP
thats the way they are, keep at it. Next time restring one at a time.
Quote by Tempoe
thats the way they are, keep at it. Next time restring one at a time.

I'm tunin, but the bridge is just getting farther and higher off the body
If the setup was right before you changed them and you are using the same gauge strings it should tune ok, if you changed gauge you will need a spring adj. Check the FR setup sticky.
If the bridge is coming way out I would de-tune the guitar and start over. When tuning one string the previous usually goes flat. the joys of tuning a floating bridge. Here is how I tune my ibanez if I changed all the strings at once.

For E standard

Tune string 6 to F +1/4 step
Tune string 5 to A# + 1/4 step
Tune string 4 to Eb + 1/4 step
Tune string 3 to G#
Tune string 2 to B
Tune string 1 to E

This usually gets it somewhat close and I chase it from there... but always tuning the low strings a bit sharp to compensate for when they go flat. I also use 9's so with thicker strings this technique may not work to well.
when you're tuning, start at your high e, tune it, then b, back to the e, then just follow that pattern 1, 2-1, 3-1-2, 4-1-2-3, 5-1-2-3-4, 6-1-2-3-4-5, until every string is in tune. Once they're all in tune, check if your bridge is level. If the bridge sits higher than the body, tighten the screws in the back cavity (loosen them if the bridge has sunk down in the body) a bit of a turn, and re-tune. Keep repeating this until the bridge is level, and all the strings are in tune. Then check intonation.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Be careful not to tighten the screws in the back cavity too much if the strings are in tune. I've broke a couple strings that way. Small increments like 1 turn, re-tune, then 1 turn again if needed.. etc
Quote by mydian
Be careful not to tighten the screws in the back cavity too much if the strings are in tune. I've broke a couple strings that way. Small increments like 1 turn, re-tune, then 1 turn again if needed.. etc

You'd think it wouldn't do that? Since with a Floyd, you can pretty violently pull up on it right down to the body, and not break anything.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
when you're tuning, start at your high e, tune it, then b, back to the e, then just follow that pattern 1, 2-1, 3-1-2, 4-1-2-3, 5-1-2-3-4, 6-1-2-3-4-5, until every string is in tune. Once they're all in tune, check if your bridge is level. If the bridge sits higher than the body, tighten the screws in the back cavity (loosen them if the bridge has sunk down in the body) a bit of a turn, and re-tune. Keep repeating this until the bridge is level, and all the strings are in tune. Then check intonation.

This, just give the strings some time to adjust to the tension
Dont forget to stretch the strings!

Otherwise you lose tune (even when the strings are locked down)

I usually stretch my strings then retune 5 times. Gets easier every time..

Also OP: This is why i want a fixed bridge now :/
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Dont forget to stretch the strings!

Otherwise you lose tune (even when the strings are locked down)

I usually stretch my strings then retune 5 times. Gets easier every time..

Also OP: This is why i want a fixed bridge now :/

Always stretch your strings. ESPECIALLY with a Floyd Rose. If you don't, as you're playing the strings will slowly go out of tune, faster if you use the trem alot.
When I put new strings on, I'll put the new one on, tune it to pitch, stretch it, tune it, stretch it, tune it, until when I stretch it, it only goes very very slightly out of tune. Then I move onto the next string. Put it on, tune to pitch, check the other strings to make sure they're still at correct pitch, if not tune them back, then stretch the new string. And repeat till all the strings are tuned, stretched, and re-tuned.

After you change strings yourself about 5 or so times with a floyd, you'll be able to do if pretty fast. When I first got my Jackson, it took me over an hour to put new strings on and get it tuned/level the bridge. Now it's 15 minutes. Practice practice practice. Just like everything.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings