So i need to learn a song for a band im auditioning for,at first i was worried cuz whenever i sing with my higher voice (i dont know the term lol) recently my voice cracks alot and i sound terrible,but the song is Reptilla by the strokes and after listening to it me and julian casablancas have similar voices so i should be able to sing it without a hitch,problem for me is learning the lyrics.i kinda have a bad memory for these things and i really wanna join the band so wat do u do to help u learn a songs lyrics fast,and also learn how to sing the song with excellent phrasing.I have 4 days to learn it as perfect as i can.
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

Last edited by Havoc69 at Jul 21, 2010,
i cant sing along if i dont know the lyrics lol,and while i could look em up and sing while i read themm itll sound just like that,someone reading a song tryin to sing
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

I learn lyrics by singing the song looking at the lyrics without the song a couple of times. Then I'll try singing without looking. It becomes obvious what I don't know and look at the lyrics again to learn. Then I try singing again.

Basically it just involves singing the song over and over again, referring to the lyrics when I need to, and I learn the lyrics through repetition.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud