Been using Ernie Ball Beefys (11s) and it was just a little too loose, but the not even slinkys (12s) are too tight and the trem is too high even after adjusting far as it goes..

what set of strings should i be getting that will balane the floyd properly, have a thick feel, and be able to handle C# standard fine while being decently tight
Quote by Dehumanize93
Been using Ernie Ball Beefys (11s) and it was just a little too loose, but the not even slinkys (12s) are too tight and the trem is too high even after adjusting far as it goes..

what set of strings should i be getting that will balane the floyd properly, have a thick feel, and be able to handle C# standard fine while being decently tight

i setup a floyd on C# and it was balanced perfectly. I was using DR 10-52s and it didnt feel loose at all, Just perfect. You need to make your bridge balance and adjust the truss rod depending where it is right now.
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
I use 12s for C# Standard and it works perfectly.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I'm currently using 11-52s for my C# standard.
Paul Waggoner of BTBAM uses 11-49s if thats any help.
Depends what kind of bridge your guitar has. My V is tuned to C# for my band and I use D'addario 11-56s, it's got a string-thru design with a tune-o-matic bridge which gives higher tension. With a locking trem I'd want 12-56 at the very least.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I'm in Drop C with 10-52s because i like the flexy of lighter strings and so i can do bends and do stuff effortlessly
TS, it really depends what you like in standard tuning. If you typically use 9s then 11s should do, if you use 10s then try 12s or a 11-52 set.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
.011s or .012s should do you fine, unless you want a thicker feel, then you should go up some gauges. It might take a while to find the exact gauge/brand that feels best to you, but once you get there, things should be fine.
The D'addario 11's are slightly thicker I believe but perhaps try 10-52's :P
Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Encore E9
BB Blaster

I like Llamas
ive adjusted the truss and got the trem down to where it needs to be, but the strings are too taunt and makes it difficult to solo, even though the action is low. the beefys were too loose, the not even slinkys too tight. there must be something that is a middle ground on these strings. are there particular brands i should look at? ernie ball apparently just doesnt do it for me.
I'm actually quite surprised you find 11-54 (Beefy) too loose...

The "Not even Slinkys" are 12-56, but are too tight? Man you must be really picky, haha. I have no idea what would be between the two. Definately nothing by Ernie Ball.

I tried googling 11-55 and 12-55 but I can't find a damn thing. Maybe they just dont make 55 gauge strings. You are too picky... lol...
Last edited by Concat at Jul 21, 2010,
well.... i think this is where you take the top 3 strings from the beefy's and the bottom 3 strings of the Not Eveen's and use them together.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"