I'm really sorry for posting so many threads but I'm in desperate need for a bass. My band is playing a show August 22nd and I really need to find a good bass to play on stage. My Ibanez just isn't doing the job. I need a bass that will shine on stage and really blow people's ear drums out. I'm playing through a transparent amp, but I'm also using an ODB-3 so I want something that it'll mix nice with. My birthday is coming up on thursday and I don't really have a budget currently, it's probably going to have to be under $1,000 though. I'm looking for a 4 string also. So please, please, please help me out. I haven't played a show in over a year and I have a Schecter Stiletto Custom 4 last time I played so I did fine, but this time is WAAAAY different.

I also prefer basses with Jumbo or Extra Jumbo frets. Preferably Extra Jumbo.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Go to your local guitar store and try out a load of basses. People can't decide what you like, only YOU can decide the best bass for you. You've got a month anyway so get out there and try some gear
Extra jumbo frets eh?

Just googled it.

Almost every ESP bass has extra jumbo frets. Go to their website and check'em out.
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
I would but I don't have a ride to shops anymore. I have to order it online. I'm coming to you guys because I know a lot of you have experience with different basses. You guys can tell me the ups and downs to certain basses, how light or heavy they are, if they're neck heavy or not, etc.
Plus the people at Guitar Center don't like me because I got into an argument with their manager about the music industry. And you guys have also shown me basses I've never heard of. xD
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Haha, an argument with the manager.. Well that sucks.

Well, go online and check out the ESP website, all their basses have jumbo frets. Or just google it, and look for other models. Find one that you like, and go to whatever online shops you have in the states and see if it fits your budget.

I think it's better for you to find some you like and can afford, post them here, and we can the "ups and downs" of them.

How about the ESP F-414. It looks really nice. The see-thru black cherry looks amazing. EMG actives and a 3 band eq. Neck-thru body. 35" scale for low tuning. But what's wrong with it?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
im sayin ESP D4. i gots one, and i absolutly love it. 24 extra jumbo frets, 3 band EQ, neck plays great, and plus it looks amazing.
Wow. That does look nice. Even though im not into metal-looking basses. Wow.

Whats wrong with it ..? Uhmm ... Gah! Struggling to find a review on it. :\

I know, so am I. People are saying that the little back piece was hard to take out and the body is a little uncomfortable on the knees when sitting down. But they say it sounds great and feels great.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
the back piece can be a tiny bit interesting to take out, but honestly i wouldnt worry about that. i can also see how people can say the body can be a bit uncomfortable when sitting down due to the shape, but you're able to find a comfy position after a bit. but yeah i definitely recommend the D4
With my budget, I could do much better than a D-4. Plus, it's 34" scale and I like to tune as low as possible. The F-414 also comes with EMG actives, the D-4 comes with ESP pick ups. >.>
I'm also not a big fan of the natural color.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Then get the F-414 then. Sounds like you like it. Anyway, you got plenty of time, have another look around the interwebs. If you can't find anything better. Grab the ESP. Easy.