Page 1 of 2
I don't know if this is simply a product of me spending essentially all of my time indoors, but lately, when I do attempt to venture outside, it just feels so...surreal. pretty much the only time I actually feel present is when I'm in my apartment. it's a little worrisome.

has anyone else ever experienced this, without the usage of substances?
Good Lord! the lattes have gone to your head!

OT: not really
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's called "having a life"

You should try it sometime.

I'm doing fine without one.

summers are pretty dead. no job until the fall, no school until the fall... I'm sure once I get back into some sort of productive life, my agoraphobia will go away.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 21, 2010,
This happens to me all the time, I'm so anti social
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Go outside more. Sit at a park and relax or something. The outside world can't be surreal to you forever.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
I did once.
then i masturbated until my balls hurt, which gave me an excuse not to go outside. So it worked out pretty good.
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's called "having a life"

You should try it sometime.

Teehee.

I've been feeling detached from reality lately too, but I think for me a cross between being depressed and trying to smoke my depression away.
Sometimes just something weird happens to me. Doesn't matter, outside or indoors. But I suddenly get this realization feeling that nothing around me is real and I'm in a dream/matrix/whatever (which I'm not by the way, but it's just that kind of feeling, I just can't describe it).

Feel good.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I dunno, he's quite the asshole.

I agree with dickbutt here.

OT: ya man i totally dig you, i spent way to much inside watching TV or playing guitar.

sadly, when I do go outside, it's a total cluster fuck of feelings. More often then not though. I just go inside and drink, i have problems I know

Get outside more man. walk your dog or something, take a walk or some shit

I used to smoke cigs on my porch just to be outside a bit in the day, try it man
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
i hate the sun, than again im borderline goth, and yes it feels very wierd going outside in arizona at 110 degree temperature everyday
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't think that exhonerees should get a cash settlement, they should get a basket with lotions and fruit, with a card that says "sorry!" with a little doggy on it.

Quote by sock_demon

*Shredding* BREAKER BREAKER, IVE GOT A DEAD HOOKER, OVER*Shredding*
I go for walks all the time, short ones around town but good to get out nevertheless. Sunglasses, iPod and Ice Cream is where it is at I'm telling you. Especially considering a lot of shit is piling up pretty fast, going for walks outdoors in the nice weather is a great exercise in clearing one's head.
get some vitamin d from the sun

i find that all it takes to get me out of a slump is overeating, smoking tons of pot, getting some sunlight, and excercising
Quote by Shinami
Sometimes just something weird happens to me. Doesn't matter, outside or indoors. But I suddenly get this realization feeling that nothing around me is real and I'm in a dream/matrix/whatever (which I'm not by the way, but it's just that kind of feeling, I just can't describe it).

Feel good.

I get that feeling sometimes. The disillusionment is a little unnerving.
Future: Uncertain
End: Near

I go outside all the time, so I never feel this way.

ololololol

That being said I hardly ever interact with people outside, mostly nature. I like to walk through the woods, hang out by the creek, pet muh cats.
I get the same thing, its like "where am I?" almost like your watching yourself on a movie screen
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I know what you mean. Sometimes I'll get this weird feeling, like i'm watching myself live life, like a video game or movie.
Quote by MakinLattes
okay, it's decided then. tomorrow, I'll go to the creek. it's right across the street.

baby steps...baby steps...

Until you slip and drown in the creek. Do you really want to die?! You're better off staying in your room where the evil creek can't hurt you.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Until you slip and drown in the creek. Do you really want to die?! You're better off staying in your room where the evil creek can't hurt you.

you're absolutely right! that part of the creek is right next to a trailer park, and filled with used needles, condoms, and, a few months ago, there was actually a bear in it.

maybe I'll just look at the creek from my window.
Quote by MakinLattes
you're absolutely right! that part of the creek is right next to a trailer park, and filled with used needles, condoms, and, a few months ago, there was actually a bear in it.

maybe I'll just look at the creek from my window.

Good, good. You're safe for now. Just don't answer the door if someone knocks. Bears are tricky.
I do find some times life too real. Like I'll be walking along and I'll look at the twilight sky and start to feel really distant from everything.
This is why we can't have nice things!
Quote by Benadeto
I do find some times life too real. Like I'll be walking along and I'll look at the twilight sky and start to feel really distant from everything.

I feel the opposite. I realize, I'm in it. Intense association with everything. I'm a part of it.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I got this feeling to, but that was when I had been awake for 28 hours and waiting for a plane for like 5 hours, talking to a few friends from the 'summer camp'-thingy... I was both sleepy and awake at the same time; 'twas weird.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Nothing is real. We are all holograms projected from the edge of the universe. It's science.
kill all humans
I always like to make sure people notice when I'm around, like yelling at them and throwing stuff at their head.

Nah, I'm just never overlooked. I'm not invisible, and you aren't invisible either TS.
it's pretty hard to miss me lurching about unsteadily, my nappy mane being tossed gently by the tepid summer breeze. if I were to start reading outdoors, I may attract hippies.
Seriously, the only one who can do something about this is you. Start talking to people, going to places and making friends.
I used to get that if I didn't go outside for a few days. It can easily be remedied by growing a social life.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I'm not socially inept, I'm just not interested in going native.

anyway, I'm not pining for friendship or trying to present myself as some sad, lonely fuck. I just think it's really weird how being indoors for extended periods of time can make it seem like the world outside is...ersatz.

yay, I found an opportunity to use "ersatz" in a sentence!
yeah but it's not healthy dude.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Page 1 of 2