so yeah i have a i guess parlor sized guitar. it's a maestro(by gibson) and i got it from best buy for $70. i'm sure some members of this forum are sitting on taylors and martins that are upwards of thousands of dollars and i'm sure they sound much better than my little maestro but, i'm the kind of guys who likes to make do with what i got, and well thats what i got.

1. does anyone have any experience with maestro guitars (acoustic or electric). if so whaddaya think.

Personally I like mine its small but thats cool because so am i. and it sounds pretty amazing compared to my first guitar ( a 38" 'classic' which i found out you can't get for $20 bucks) the action is very forgiving and i all around enjoy playing it. the strings are kinda jenk though.

2. does anyone agree that if a guitar sounds good to you, and you like the way it feels than who cares what kind it is. like it doesn't have to be the best on the market or have a painful price tag to prove its 'worth'.
1 no ive never played them
2yes this is true but you are more likely to like how a gibson les paul sounds than a first act
im saying dont always settle for the cheapest guitars available
i wouldn't if i wasn't broke. i actually had money for once and my old guitar was broken like unfixably broken so when i seen something that was affordable and had to be better then my last i jumped at it. thanks for ur input though.
1, no, I know nothing about them.

2, When it comes to "cheap" guitar's , you pay for what you get in "most"cases. If that maestro was my first guitar, I may think it sounded great. There is a reason you pay higher prices for a good guitar (400 to 1,000 maybe 2k), at the same time , the companies gouge on the little things. That doesn't make a 3k guitar pointless or not worth it. Nor does it make a 250$ guitar a piece of shit. IMO of guitars, your best sounds is going to come out of 500$ to 2000$, depending on your sound and feel your looking for, and you will not get that with a 150$ guitar ( though I had a Yamaha with a nice feel, but bad sound ).

If your happy with it why need acceptance for your purchase?
Quote by ssosd
so yeah i have a i guess parlor sized guitar. it's a maestro(by gibson) and i got it from best buy for $70. i'm sure some members of this forum are sitting on taylors and martins that are upwards of thousands of dollars and i'm sure they sound much better than my little maestro but, i'm the kind of guys who likes to make do with what i got, and well thats what i got.

1. does anyone have any experience with maestro guitars (acoustic or electric). if so whaddaya think.

Personally I like mine its small but thats cool because so am i. and it sounds pretty amazing compared to my first guitar ( a 38" 'classic' which i found out you can't get for $20 bucks) the action is very forgiving and i all around enjoy playing it. the strings are kinda jenk though.

2. does anyone agree that if a guitar sounds good to you, and you like the way it feels than who cares what kind it is. like it doesn't have to be the best on the market or have a painful price tag to prove its 'worth'.

1. I've seen them at best buy, but assumed they were a started pack deal, like that Gibson Baldwin Music Education electric guitar.

2. If you enjoy it, that's all you need. If it plays nicely, and if it sounds good to you, that's all you need. Seriously. And if you think the strings are junk, then change them. They're probably generic starter strings.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
yeah they are starter packs. i guess im still learning and thats good enough for now. but now, i used to walk up to the guitar store that was down the street from my old house and sit there for hours just playing this one black guitar that was only $250 and even the amazing 1k guitars there were cool but no acoustic in that shop appealed to me quite like that one black guitar for some reason. and now i guess the question is does any of you believe there is some sort of connection a guitarist can have with a guitar. like no matter the price or even sound quality for that matter you just pick up a certain guitar and connect with it on a whole nother level.

and if so wouldn't that alone make you a better guitarist because after all an expensive amazing sounding guitar would sound like rubbish in the hands of someone who didn't care about(all experience levels and talent aside)

sorry again i know i'm not very good at structuring posts but i try.
I picked up one of those during the Black Friday sale last year. Quickly moved on to a Schecter electric and now I have an S6 on the way.

Does your Maestro buzz as obnoxiously as mine?
Quote by xadioriderx
you should just mount a really big chunk of wood

Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
I have the 38" Maestro by Gibson and it just collects dust. I thought it sounded horrible. Could just be my model. The fretboard was just uncomfortable to me. And you are right about the stock strings. Rubbish. And the extra pack of strings that came with it were horrible too. I recommend GHS, Martin, or Fender strings.

My SA-100 full-sized dreadnought by Squier by Fender is still my favorite acoustic.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
Last edited by c_foster88 at Jul 24, 2010,
mine does buzz a little but usually only if i hammer on it and it doesn't like playing 5th chords (it buzzes alot then) i guess the only reason i like it so much is because of my previous guitar that my step dad gave me it was my first so you know how that story plays out. the action was literaly painful and i almost gave up a few times and when i finally got one that was better than that it just seemed like the awesomest thing. i might get an electric sometime this year though then i'll probably neglect that thing like crazy. maybe i'll get a squier, seen a nice squier tele at the guitar store a while back.