I had a call today asking if I would be willing to lease out my Vox AC15H1TV to a local events company when they had bands over that didn't have their own kit. It would be fully insured by them under their policy and I would receive £60-70 per night.

Also, it would be a mate of mine that would set it up and pack it away (he know's how to treat this kind of kit).

Would/have you done this and any thoughts/advice please?

Thanks
PJ
1999 US Lonestar Strat, 2002 Duesenberg CC, Vox AC15H1TV

PedalTrain2 & Diago PowerStation: TU2, GE7, CryBaby (GCB-95), Carl Martin Comp, '81 Keeley TS9, Jekyll & Hyde v1, NS2, VP Jr, MM4, RV600, DD5, DD7, TC Nova. Cable:Mogami W2524+Neutrix NP2RXB
Last edited by boxman2000 at Jul 21, 2010,
No.

Nobody touches my shit unless I'm there.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I wouldn't rent out my main rig or my guitars but I have rented out my PA several times. I'd have no problem renting out my JCM900 eithr.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'd be fine renting my amp/cab out for a show backline, if it were fully ensured. Not to an individual band or person though.

Guitar and pedalboards are much more personal, and rarely provided by the venue. I wouldn't rent that stuff out in any case.

For your situation I would go for it. That's decent money for doing nothing. Rent it multiple times and it'll pay for itself. Do you have a roadcase for it? If not it WILL get bumped and ripped, which is probably not covered under their policy.
I'd rent mine to a show company, but not to an individual band. Admittedly I would probably request a copy of their insurance policy and a signed letter detailing the usage and cover for the amp. Otherwise, £60 a night for doing nothing.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
You have any friends or family friends or relatives or anything that are lawyers? If you do, have them look over the agreement and insurance policy before you sign it. They will notice things that us mortals with souls wouldn't notice, and it may save you aggravation and pain.

All around though i say go for it! I rent out my PA and my amp pretty often and i haven't had a problem(knock-on-wood)!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
In your situation, definatly.

It's fully insured, and you know the guy that's gonna be setting it up and packing it away, you get £60 for doing nothing.

It's not like it's a really expensive amp, so unless it has massive sentimental value, go for it.

I will if you don't
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Only if they have insurance and sign something saying they will pay so much a month for it and will replace it if it is damaged or have it repaired by a technician of your choice(they will just pick cheapest, not most qualified)

Only way I'd let a company rent my gear and i would never rent out a guitar. Amps, pedals, rack gear, and PA stuff only.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
If the bands are gonna be touching your amp at all. I wouldn't do it. If your mate was gonna be the only one touching it, then I'd allow it. But there's just too many idiots in this world (particularly many musicians). And even though it's insured. I doubt that insurance covers the months that some guy will take off your tube life by not allowing the amp to warm up.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Cathbard
I wouldn't rent out my main rig or my guitars but I have rented out my PA several times. I'd have no problem renting out my JCM900 eithr.

I'd pray it didn't come back, were I in your shoes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
No...never I don't even feel secure with my gear at my own gigs lol...never out of sight and never too far away
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
If it's just an extra amp to you, and you wouldn't mind not seeing it for a while other than its monetary value, go for it.

Make sure the deal is secure too.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
This is a two word answer....HELL NO!!!!
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
My amp, though if I had something nicer I might not.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!