I'm slowly starting to realize how loud is a 20 watt tube amp and I think I might have to get a something with less watts or something that sounds good at low volumes. The volume on the HT 20H has to be set a bit louder than I'm comfortable with to it to sound good to me. Also the HT 20H sounds a bit too modern for me, But I do like to play modern sounding stuff too.

The Egnater Tweaker Head has lately got a lot of love on this and other forums too and it seems perfect for me, Altough it doesn't have a foorswitch. Also, Is there a big difference between a 15 watt tube amp and a 20 watt tube amp?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I'm slowly starting to realize how loud is a 20 watt tube amp and I think I might have to get a something with less watts or something that sounds good at low volumes. The volume on the HT 20H has to be set a bit louder than I'm comfortable with to it to sound good to me. Also the HT 20H sounds a bit too modern for me, But I do like to play modern sounding stuff too.

The Egnater Tweaker Head has lately got a lot of love on this and other forums too and it seems perfect for me, Altough it doesn't have a foorswitch. Also, Is there a big difference between a 15 watt tube amp and a 20 watt tube amp?

For all practical purposes, there is no audible difference between a 20 watt tube and a 15 watt tube amp, set to the same identical level.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I think you should get a 5 watt amp. 15 watts don't really make any difference from 20, it will be just as loud, but with only a tiny difference in tube tone.

OR you could get a power attenuator; a box you place between the amp and the speaker that lets you reduce the output sent to the speaker, so you can fully crank the amp and still play on low volume!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Eskil Rask

OR you could get a power attenuator; a box you place between the amp and the speaker that lets you reduce the output sent to the speaker, so you can fully crank the amp and still play on low volume!

An attenuator won't cut his volume that much if he still expects it to sound good...

OP, what you could do instead is set up a reamping rig - you need a load box and a power amp to do it. What you do is connect your amp's speaker out to the load box, which reduces your signal to line level, and then you plug it into the power amp (this is what controls your actual overall volume) and then plug the power amp into the speaker, which would really get your cranked tones at low volumes.

Or if you don't necessarily even want cranked tones, just learn to use your volume knob better. I've been in situations where I had my Valveking's volume on 0.2 and managed just fine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??