Hi everyone, I need your help in making a big decision:

What I want is something:
. That allows me to link my guitar and my computer with sound quality
. To make High quality recordings
. Easier to move around (Carrying my amp around is quite troublesome, the laptop and the guitar would be easier)

So I was realy decided to other an Alesis interface. But just now a friend of mine mencioned this line 6 pod that seems promissing.

Heres more information about each one:

ALESIS IO2 Express
and the oponent
Line 6 pocket pod

I'm pretty much confused myself with this big dilema of mine. Perhaps I can find the line 6 in a store close by and the Alesis only comes next month. Since I'm on vacation and have nothing to do i feel like running to the store and buying the line 6 but I'm affraid of making a bad decision.

Plz help me out here deciding ; P
thanks in advance.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

Gear:
Yamaha c40 - classic guitar
Ibanez Ar250 - guitar
yamaha psr e323 - keyboard

A humble guitarrist who, most of all just loves to play : )
Hi again. Thanks for your sugestions.

I watched some videos on u2b and then i made the best decision. Grab my stuff and walk down the street and go to the nearby music store. There i tested line 6 ux1 and the Alesis i mencioned before.

First of all the line 6 pocket pod doesn't even record anything on the computer. It serves as an amp and connected to one it gives many possible presets. But it's not what I'm looking for.

You mencioned the Line 6 pod studio gx. But I'm gonna say no to that one to.
The Alesis IO 2 has 2 gtr plugs (in case one of my friends whants to jam with me), midi (so i can use my keyboard there as well) and it's got 24 bit wicht means much more quality in the recordings.

It's pretty much a win for the Alesis. Only thing left is to see where i can buy it for the smaller price ; )

Thanks a lot ppl : D

Gear:
Ibanez Ar250 - guitar

One major hangup with the Alesis is that it doesn't come with any amp modeling software. The Line 6 Pod Studio GX, UX1 and UX2 all come with Pod Farm.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
One major hangup with the Alesis is that it doesn't come with any amp modeling software. The Line 6 Pod Studio GX, UX1 and UX2 all come with Pod Farm.

That's not a problem for me. I already have guitar rig 2 (an old version) and I'm gonna get the lattest version from a friend.

But still true. I believe the line6 to be more cheap (i don't really know any prices so I'm just guessing) and has it own software.

Gear:
Ibanez Ar250 - guitar

but still I'm not going to buy line 6 just because the software's better.
For now what matter's is a good hardware

"Two-channel computer audio recording interface, Record up to 24-bit, 48 kHz audio into virtually any software, Monitor sessions thomann with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs, High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power, Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars, Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring, MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software with instruments, USB bus powered"

this realy seems more promissing than line 6.
Bsides, I can always down a copied version of the pod farm... just jk hehehe XD

Gear:
Ibanez Ar250 - guitar

Quote by AR 250
but still I'm not going to buy line 6 just because the software's better.
For now what matter's is a good hardware

Line 6 has the better Hardware as well if you're looking to do Guitar because the Line 6 device is built do do guitars. The Alesis one isn't done quite as well.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I've tested both line 6 ux1 and alesis io 2 express.
I'm buying the 2nd one cuz i also have a keyboard and it will be great for recording with low lat.

Anyway both seem good interfaces. But In my specific case I'm going for Alesis.
Specially cuz I get better prices for it ; P

Gear:
Ibanez Ar250 - guitar