Page 1 of 2
Hey up for sale is the BYOC orange distortion pedal I recently made, it's a clone of the DS-1 pedal by boss. This pedal is far superior to the current boss model though due to it being built using the same chip as the 80's DS-1 pedals but the addition of the pre gain knob and the mods I have added, which make it more versatile and more useable IMO.

The mods I added were to first change the clipping diodes from the stock ones to LED's to provide a "marshall crunch" sort of sound. I also changed a resistor to increase the amount of gain available, then I changed the value of a capacitor to cut some of the shrill highs from the sound. Next I swapped two capacitors around to provide a fuller mid range, this makes the pedal sound more full and will allow it to cut through a mix better than the stock model. Finally I modded the transistor gain stage to be the same as a big muff to produce a fuller bass response. This pedal is also true bypass.

I have made some sound clips using my cheap ibanez copy guitar through a stock DS-1 and my clone through my cube 30 bass amp recorded direct into protools. It's not a great quality but it shows the differences between the pedals quite clearly. Follow this link here to hear them: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/badgerific/

Some pictures here:

The colour is darker in the reals, the light on my mac camera makes it appear lighter than it is.

Looking for £75 posted for it.
I'm interested. Would you mind telling me exactly what mod's you have made to it and what they do? Thanks, wont have the money for a bit though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I'm interested. Would you mind telling me exactly what mod's you have made to it and what they do? Thanks, wont have the money for a bit though.

It says what the mods do in the first post. Ie cut highs and LED's for clipping diodes.

Quote by nightraven
can't you condense all your stuff down into one thread..?

I think I'm going to soon, it's a pain though because I can't imagine people are going to check my one thread for all the things I'm offering.
Page 1 of 2