Freedom of speech fails again.

So if he says he dislikes Marmite would that company **** him up?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
A councillor is facing a disciplinary hearing after calling the Church of Scientology "stupid" on Twitter, it emerged today.

Councillor? seriously? that's how you spell it? weirdlooking word.

anyways, this is stupid. people should be able to express their opinions on whatever they want, and just because someone is an official doesn't make his opinion any more important than anyone else's.

or DOES it....
This reminds me of that whole Nergal from Behemoth thing back in 2007. Some people are just...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It shouldn't be illegal to call a spade a spade :/
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Gorelord666
This reminds me of that whole Nergal from Behemoth thing back in 2007. Some people are just...

Yeah, that's right. This is like blasphemy.
That's hilarious.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Aw, stupid people being offended at being called stupid? Boohoo
PM me for newts
Well, a politician that doesn't lie, that's a new one.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
The spokesman suggested people go to their website to find out about the church and its founder, L Ron Hubbard.

Quote by CoreysMonster
you're a spade.

No, you're a towel!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Jul 21, 2010,
Freedom of speech? If anything, it's only slightly bad for politics. It might even boost his ratings. Disciplinary action would be a farce.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
"The complaint was made by an individual Scientologist who was personally offended by the comments."

This has gone too far. Steve Hughes got it right (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAGJpISVERg at 3:35 onwards). You can't make it an offense to offend someone as offense is subjective to the person. If you don't like what you see somewhere, simply DON'T LOOK AT IT rather than complain to everyone you can find.
He posted another message: "Just realised the Scientologists are following me. Quick everyone, pretend you're out."

I like this guy
"Councillors are obliged to carry out their duties with due regard to the principle that there should be equal opportunity to all, regardless of their religion."

Y'know, we can have soooooo much fun with this little rule. It essentially says that government officials cannot criticise your religious beliefs and practices.

Rastafarianism anyone?
He wasnt discriminating against the religion scientology he was making a remark about the organisation the church of scientology two different things in my opinion.
SMILE!
Quote by webbtje
Yeah, that's right. This is like blasphemy.

Some people still think religion should come first rather than free speech (ex: Poland). So when some guy (ex: Nergal) calls them a "cult and what not" then you have a bunch of people pissed over such a silly thing. I still wonder why go to a Behemoth concert if your going to get offended; that's like going to an Anal C*nt show and expecting it to be good.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Some people still think religion should come first rather than free speech (ex: Poland). So when some guy (ex: Nergal) calls them a "cult and what not" then you have a bunch of people pissed over such a silly thing. I still wonder why go to a Behemoth concert if your going to get offended; that's like going to an Anal C*nt show and expecting it to be good.

Er, no. Nergal was prosecuted under Polish blasphemy legislation. Mr Councillor is just being investigated by an ombudsman. These are really not equivalents. Mr Councillor would not end up guilty of a criminal offence.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
Er, no. Nergal was prosecuted under Polish blasphemy legislation. Mr Councillor is just being investigated by an ombudsman. These are really not equivalents. Mr Councillor would not end up guilty of a criminal offence.

I'm not thinking straight today. I really didn't read the article; so......forget what ever I said.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.