People might already know this or even posted it before but don't hate on this noob if it's a repost or in the wrong thread (too time consuming to search for it first).

Anyway, I found a way to convert those crappy "casio" drums in Guitar Pro to a superior midi drum program. This can probably be done with many drum programs but the one I use is Toontrack EZ Drummer w/the Drumkit From Hell EZX.

First you need a music production/sequencer program like Sonar or Cubase...etc configured with the drum program plug-in of your choice (I use Sonar 8 Producer)

In Guitar Pro, export just the drum track as a midi file(you may need to delete all other tracks first) to a location on your computer that you'll remember

Then in your sequencer, have the drum program open with a midi track selected for it's use (this is done differently in different programs but in Sonar you "insert" a "softsynth" and select "ezdrummer" being sure to enable the plugin's interface to be viewed by "checking the box "enable synth rack view"

then, be sure you're in command of the midi track (highlighted or clicked-in) and import the drum midi file from wherever you saved it and.....there you go. now you can tweek your drumset, adjust mic volumes, add eq....it sounds killer.
(if you want to convert it to audio i.e. MP3 format you can, but I won't get into that)

I'm not suggesting this for reproduction of established songs but it sure is awesome to jamm out to the actual (real sounding) drum part of my favorite songs.

Also, thank you to all that create the drum tracks in Guitar Pro.
Ive started to go in and adjust the velocity and position of the midi notes using logical editor in cubase, after a while the same 120 velocity across the window sounds stale. Its strange how good it sounds to put the snare a hair behind the beat, or some other slight tweaks.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Export the midi from GP.

Import MIDI into DAW.

Apply plugin to midi track.

If you want, you could do the long process of cutting each part of that midi track to its own instrument track, and have multiple instances of the plugin running...record it....then apply aptrigga or drumagog and re-sample that way.

Thats a complex way of doing it.

Simple way:

Export from GP

import into DAW

Apply realistic $$$expensive drum plugin to instrument track with midi on it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Export the midi from GP.

Import MIDI into DAW.

Apply plugin to midi track.

If you want, you could do the long process of cutting each part of that midi track to its own instrument track, and have multiple instances of the plugin running...record it....then apply aptrigga or drumagog and re-sample that way.

Thats a complex way of doing it.

Simple way:

Export from GP

import into DAW

Apply realistic $$$expensive drum plugin to instrument track with midi on it.

then people troll on what plugin you use :p
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics