ok im finally joining a band and i have got some spare cash that should be coming my way in the next month so im thinking i could do with another amp.

ok the target is metallica-ish tone, think whiskey in the jar/the memory remains. i know this isnt really that possible on a low budget but im willing to go for a combo or buy the head now and save up more cash for a cab because im not really in a rush to to get an amp.

it can be valve or digital, im not too fussy.

the budget is £600 (£800 at a push if the guitar i have on ebay sells)

my gear is listed in the sig (i think) not sure if my pedals are listed so here they are:

Barber dirty bomb
Boss MT2 (not really working atm)
Digitech hot head.

edit: willing to go used.... anything else i have forgotten?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Jul 21, 2010,
I think (not sure on prices)

A Bugera 333xl (or 6262), will do nicely, And then just get the 2x12 cab later on if you wish. Or a combo version

A bugera 333xl, with some metallica riffs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZi_2vG60F8

Sounds pretty amazing to me,

The only issue with the bugera is realibity, Which SEEMS to have been fixed and there's no issues anymore.
Last edited by BoL7z at Jul 21, 2010,
Bugera... If you're wanting a more classic heavy tone like whiskey in the jar, look at the 6260 its great.
For more modern tones like that from a Peavey 6505 look at 6262
Or the 333XL is good but I haven't personally tried it yet
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
i think you meant to toss this in GG&A

*report to move.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh sorry forgot to change forum, you're right lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Hmm I would think you'd be able to do better than Bugera at that price. Unfortunately I am not very good with metal, especially Metallica, who I despise.

Am I right in thinking that early Metallica is British-voiced while newer Metallica (like the tone you want) is more American-voiced? In that case, maybe some sort of Peavey?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i have no i idea, hence the need for advice.

i dont really know much about amps, i have had a few since i started playing but still havnt found a make that i like.

i've have a laney, a vox, an ashdown and the marshall that i currently have but none seem to work for me =/
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
All the amps that you have are British voiced.

Look at Peavey, in your price range.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Get the VK with an equalizer pedal and a good cabinet and you should be pretty set...

After some modding (notably the Mesa mod) it can get pretty close to Metallica tones.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ilya-v/ <- This guy has clips of a Mesa modded Valveking with an EQ running, check it out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
ok thanks ill check some reveiws out once i am home =)
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band