Recently I got a set of D'Addario electric guitar strings. I can't exactly remember the gauge, but I know they are quite thick.I've been teaching myself a lot of Guns N' Roses and AC/DC solos and I'm starting to realize these strings are not good for what I'm trying to play. Instead of the tone side of things, I'm looking more towards strings that will bend easily and allow me to play easier. Can anyone suggest a good brand and gauge for the stuff I play?
Personal Preference. I use EB Power Slinky 11s and play the same stuff as you
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I play Erine Ball Super Slinkys on all my guitars and love them. Iv never once broken a string either.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
DR Dimebag 10's FTW, I used to use DR 9's but I switched to 10's and a HUGE difference.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
Quote by L-0-G
Recently I got a set of D'Addario electric guitar strings. I can't exactly remember the gauge, but I know they are quite thick.I've been teaching myself a lot of Guns N' Roses and AC/DC solos and I'm starting to realize these strings are not good for what I'm trying to play. Instead of the tone side of things, I'm looking more towards strings that will bend easily and allow me to play easier. Can anyone suggest a good brand and gauge for the stuff I play?

I had some hard time with their ProSteels .010s as far as bending & pull-offs were concerned. The nickel ones .009s should be alot easier. I think the most elastic strings to me I'd used were Roto strings .009s, they felt like noodles lol
It's personal preference though, you will need to try some out, try looking at lower gauges initially.
Last edited by vishal_metalhed at Jul 21, 2010,
Alright guys. Thanks for all the help. I think when I get my next pay I'm going to go out and get a set of Regular and Super Slinky to see which I find easier to play with. If both of those fail I'll try DR.
at the moment, i'm using a set of 13-65's (cleartones on the bottom 3 and Ernie Ball's on the top) in Drop C on a 25.5 scale guitar and i can bend pretty well with them. easily getting a 1-1/2 step bend with them. on my other guitar, i'm using EB Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms in E Standard/Drop D and those are easy to bend for me too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I swear by Ernie Ball Super Slinky's for my Telecaster and Power Slinky's for my LP. I just love their playability and tone.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I hate to tell you but its not your strings, if you can't play the way you want to it's in your technique and ability. The brands of strings all sound and feel very lightly differently but in the end the difference doesn't matter anywhere near as much as your playing ability.
dadderio 11's or dunlop 11's, for me its dunlop 11's lately
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.