I want to give my whole sound extra clarity. I hear some people swear by compressors. I was thinking of getting the barber tone press. what are my choices.
Just give the rules a quick once over, please. It's not really necessary to make two threads asking a question that one thread could answer.

Compressors aren't something every musician needs. In fact many of them have no use for what they do. The majority of people that use compressors would be country players and heavy metal players. Do you play either of those styles of music?

Of course, there are no hard and fixed rules, but basically a compressor 'crushes' your signal so that loud segments are quieter and quiet segments are louder. It makes your sound 'pop' and sustain depending on how you set the compressor and what model you buy. If you really like that Tele 'quack' then a compressor might be your thing. But if you are more about appreciating the finer details of your guitar – the 'neutrality' of it – then you'll probably be better off saving your money and buying something else.

Notable compressors would be the Keeley 4-Knob Compressor, Retro Sonic Compress, Barber Tone press, Diamond Compressor, Homebrew CPR and Pigtronix Philosophers Tone, to name a few. Each have different qualities to them, of which you really need to research individually.

For instance, the Pigtronix really squashes your tone and adds loads of sustain and gain. The Diamond Compressor, however, is supposedly much more transparent and easy on your signal. The Retro Sonic seems like a really good one, if a little pricey.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Just give the rules a quick once over, please. It's not really necessary to make two threads asking a question that one thread could answer.

Compressors aren't something every musician needs. In fact many of them have no use for what they do. The majority of people that use compressors would be country players and heavy metal players. Do you play either of those styles of music?

Of course, there are no hard and fixed rules, but basically a compressor 'crushes' your signal so that loud segments are quieter and quiet segments are louder. It makes your sound 'pop' and sustain depending on how you set the compressor and what model you buy. If you really like that Tele 'quack' then a compressor might be your thing. But if you are more about appreciating the finer details of your guitar – the 'neutrality' of it – then you'll probably be better off saving your money and buying something else.

Notable compressors would be the Keeley 4-Knob Compressor, Retro Sonic Compress, Barber Tone press, Diamond Compressor, Homebrew CPR and Pigtronix Philosophers Tone, to name a few. Each have different qualities to them, of which you really need to research individually.

For instance, the Pigtronix really squashes your tone and adds loads of sustain and gain. The Diamond Compressor, however, is supposedly much more transparent and easy on your signal. The Retro Sonic seems like a really good one, if a little pricey.

The other thread I made was on tubes and speakers, not compressor.

As for the compressor, I do play metal. I need something for a heavy tone that almost soars kinda like what I see on some of steve vais albums. The tone seems not so organic, but really huge.
You could of asked this question in the other thread. That's all I'm saying, really.

Yeah, I know the sound you're talking about. If remember correctly you're using a 333XL, right? Are you unhappy with the sound, or do you simply want to 'add' to it? If that is the case, maybe try a tubescreamer type pedal - they add compression, volume and gain, just small amounts of each.

You may also want to look into an EQ pedal. Sometimes they can work wonders for fine-tuning your tone, which is what a compressor does also. I suggest you buy a compressor from someone like Pro Guitar Shop, who have an excellent return policy, and simply return it if you feel it's not what you're looking for.

Any of these are recommended:

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-compressor-pedals-c-87/retro-sonic-compressor-pedal-ver-2-p-45

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-compressor-pedals-c-87/diamond-pedals-cpr-1-compressor-pedal-p-785

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-compressor-pedals-c-87/homebrew-electronics-cpr-compressor-retro-pedal-p-478

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-compressor-pedals-c-87/keeley-compressor-p-567
+1 eq pedal and od pedal gives me a bit of compression and all the other goodies too like fine tuing th eq, added gain, sustain, etc.

You probably don't need a compressor pedal, although it is not unheard of in metal, I guess lamb of god runs through a rack compressor before the amp, sounds like too much work to me so I'd avoid it.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga