Earlier this year, I set my eyes on the Axe Fx unit from Fractal Audio. I saved up $3000 and am now willing to pull the trigger!

Here's the deal. I need this to work both at home and in a band/live situation. The Ultra is $2000. That means I have $1000 to spend on an FRFR speaker that can compete *easily* with unprotected drums . I'm going to be purchasing a midi controller outside of this budget. Does anybody have suggestions as to speakers with a full range, flat response that can operate down to about 50 hz effectively, have speaker protection, put out about 500w or so (I'm not sure if that's loud enough but.. you guys can judge that,) and costs less than $1000?

I've also posted this in Fractal Audio's forums, but you guys are always a great help.

Thanks! I appreciate any suggestions, comments, flame, whatever.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
well you would just need the flattest response speakers possible.

you can grab the atomic reactor for monitoring but if you have a grand and you need to run it in a home situation you'd just pa yourself.

maybe something like

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mackie-HD1531-15IN-3-Way-1800W-Powered-Loudspeaker-105332530-i1445819.gc

i duno though. P/A should be flat response but quality differs.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by WtrPlyr
Wouldn't you need a poweramp?

Ideally, the monitors would include a poweramp.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I've been looking at a similar setup for the future, I've heard good things about the reactor from fractal as well as qsc stuff, high end jbl gear is definitely good, and maybe fbt stuff?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
i'd go with an atomic. Your other options might be one of the $800ish powered monitors like a QSC or etc, but i would go with the atomic.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
i'd go with an atomic. Your other options might be one of the $800ish powered monitors like a QSC or etc, but i would go with the atomic.

For what reasons?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
For what reasons?

I played my axe fx through a pair of dynaudio monitors that I paid a grand for. They're real good monitors and I enjoyed using the axe, but everything I have read about the atomic frfr since it came out has been really positive and the recordings I listened to of it sounded good.

There was a shootout done on the axe forums of like 5 or so high end monitors including the atomic frfr, you should try to find that.
Guitars
Amps