im thinking about getting a Agile guitar but i was just curious also does anyone know if they have a website
^What he said.

They don't have anybody signed or anything...But I hear nothing but great things about them.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
one of the guitarists from The Tony Danza Tap Dancing Extravaganza (or maybe the ONLY guitarist, i dont know) has recently been using an agile intrepid pro 8 string. dont know of any 6 stringers using their stuff though.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Keith Merrow used them for the longest time but recently switched over to Bernie Rico JR. If you haven't heard of Keith Merrow you're missing out.
I use one and I'm real famous in my bedroom.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Oh, and it's worth remembering the reason they're so cheap is because they're bought direct. You save a ton by cutting out the middle man.

And the photo-laminate tops, licensed floyd-rose, cheap pickups(on the cheaper Agiles). And let's not forget most people aren't going to spend good money on a no name brand and guitar that they've never seen or played in person.
Quote by W4RP1G
And the photo-laminate tops, licensed floyd-rose, cheap pickups(on the cheaper Agiles). And let's not forget most people aren't going to spend good money on a no name brand and guitar that they've never seen or played in person.

Not a single agile has a photo-laminate top. They use 1/16th veneer on most with the highest end ones have a true 3/4" maple cap.

Yep, they used licensed floyds on their sub $400 guitars.....just like EVERY mfg. Hard to drop a $200 Floyd on a guitar at this price point.

FWIW, Agiles compare almost perfectly with Epi's at 1.5X the price.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
www.rondomusic.com

You can only order them direct, I don't believe they have any famous endorsers (or any endorses for that matter.) But 99% of people who buy them are pleased.

Oh, and it's worth remembering the reason they're so cheap is because they're bought direct. You save a ton by cutting out the middle man.

They have at least two people signed. Their Reaper was some dudes sig guitar basically. It was built to his specs(the first ones were anyways, I don't know about the current ones) His name was like Azial or something out there like that. He played in some black metal band. I speak in past tense because I don't know if he's still signed or not.
You forgot to mention that they keep their prices so low because they don't have any advertising.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
God, I really hope they stay the way they are (Rondo that is)... It would be a shame if suddenly they became a gigantic company and decided to jack their prices .

I would say that they are great for set up (most of the time) but are weak on tone. Any takers on that?
I am a Stephenist
I know i found a guy in a band called Fallen Martyr, he had 2 review videos on youtube for his Agile, i don't know if they are famous or not but its another "professional" who likes them... I really like mine, and ya it was strange shelling out some cash for a guitar you haven't played b4 but i was extremely pleased with what i got.
I got to try mine first before I bought it. Someone had brought it to Sam Ash as used, so I got to really get a feel for it.

It is a great guitar (Interceptor Pro 725). Simple as that. It plays nice and sounds nice, and looks awesome. Can't beat it for the price. Can't even come close to it for the price.

But, if I didn't get a chance to play it first and see it in person, I prob never would have orderd one blindly off the internet.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
I got to try mine first before I bought it. Someone had brought it to Sam Ash as used, so I got to really get a feel for it.

It is a great guitar (Interceptor Pro 725). Simple as that. It plays nice and sounds nice, and looks awesome. Can't beat it for the price. Can't even come close to it for the price.

But, if I didn't get a chance to play it first and see it in person, I prob never would have orderd one blindly off the internet.

I might order one of their V's for shits n giggles, hell for like 2, 300$ why not, it cant be THAT bad.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by webwarmiller
Not a single agile has a photo-laminate top. They use 1/16th veneer on most with the highest end ones have a true 3/4" maple cap.

Yep, they used licensed floyds on their sub $400 guitars.....just like EVERY mfg. Hard to drop a $200 Floyd on a guitar at this price point.

FWIW, Agiles compare almost perfectly with Epi's at 1.5X the price.

You're right, they do supposedly use a veneer, but I have yet to see an expensive agile with an original floyd instead of a licensed floyd.

Nonetheless, they sound like great guitars, I just wouldn't buy anything I couldn't play first, myself. Maybe I'm missing out on something, but i got a Schecter Hellraiser FR used in perfect condition with a case for $650 from Alpha music.

Perhaps Agiles are better than other guitars in the lower end market, but I honestly don't see anything special about the mid-range models, that includes the price.
I trusted them in my only 18th birthday present being an AL-3000 in tribal blue without ever having played it before.

All I can say is I'm glad i took that risk. The only other guitar I have left out of the 7 I owned, including 2 ibanez and a Jackson RR3 crimson, is my Agile. Very satisfied.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
if your buying a guitar just cause a famous person uses it, i'd say thats a pretty bad reason to decide on a guitar.
Quote by handbanana
if your buying a guitar just cause a famous person uses it, i'd say thats a pretty bad reason to decide on a guitar.

This.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
As far as buying a guitar, buy a guitar on it's merits not who plays what or what brand name happens to be on the HS. I have tried many guitars that are supposed to be good or the best and was disappointed I have played guitars I never even heard of that I couldn't believe were so good. I never tried an Agile until I joined the UG never heard of them before and when I got the chance to try one out i realized right there they are just as good as most brand name guitars that costs 5 times as much....

I don't know of anyone in a national act that plays an Agile but I have seen a lot of guys in local bands with them. I think most national acts stay with the larger brand names because they give them huge discounts or free guitars for advertising. People see so and so from band X playing Gibsons so they run right out and buy a Gibson never realizing it's not going to make them play any better. IMHO Agiles can easily be gigged I have used mine several times. I think Rondo sells their guitars so cheap and is such a small company they just couldn't afford to hand out free or at cost guitars for every band that might ask to sign on with them. I'll bet they get requests! My nephews band just signed on with Halo guitars. After playing my three they were hooked! Some smaller companies don't mind signing on bands. I don't know what the deal between them and Halo is and I doubt I'll ask but they have signed on with an amp company and in the works with signing on to Zildjian. Even small bands can get endorsements from smaller companies that can use the advertising. I think it might benefit Agile to do the same and maybe endorse a national act but then they might get too many orders and the quality suffer from it.
as soon as i save up enough cash im buying an Intrepid 8 string.
i cant wait.
ive fallen in love with my 7 string (and its not a REALLY good quality guitar, its good, but not amazing), so i figure even if the 8 string isnt amazing, ill still love it.

i cant wait to have the low F# for jazzy bassline chord melodies, and also some slap guitar.
i do "slap guitar" bass lines on my low B, and its f***ing epic.

EDIT: so i actually contribute to the thread, the only "famous guitarist" i know of that uses Agiles is keith merrow. i found him like a week ago on youtube, and hes ridiculous haha
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Last edited by musicTHEORYnerd at Jul 24, 2010,