Fly Leaf ~ I'm so sick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIADZKU9dw

Paramore ~ Fences
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73y5sL7OI2A

My Chemical Romance ~ Bury Me In Black
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIXhALQoHAU

The Demonstration ~ Bad Romance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZT0TonelnY

All link's to the song's are above, so just copy and paste.

Keep in mind we are only doing these song's for our first practice so we can see how well we work together, these aren't song's we are going to perform, so I don't want any fussy-ness with the song choice's, cause there only for one practice.

i HATE the last 2, the MCR one winds me up because he's not even trying to sing and the bad romance one is the same... its just shouting

then i though "What Would Jesus Do?"... and since that didnt make any sense at the time i thought i would try the next best thing; "What Would UG Do?"

so yeah, man up and learn + tab them OR turn up at the practice and say "yeah i didnt learn them because they wind me up"
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Man up and learn, but try to get some input in the songs you're playing.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by Burningritual
I would find a band that didn't play shit music.

Yeah, I'd quit that band.

:/
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Jesus, I'd take any opportunity I could to have a band. Just because you dont like listening to it, doesn't mean it's not fun to play. Just do it man.
Quote by Burningritual

That.

The again, if its a band worth their salt, you'll soon be writing your own songs....
Unless your in High School. Then all you'll play are covers and have no stage presence. At all.

Maybe.
Keep in mind we are only doing these song's for our first practice so we can see how well we work together, these aren't song's we are going to perform, so I don't want any fussy-ness with the song choice's, cause there only for one practice.

It might just be that those are the songs that most of the others know and would make it easier for the practise. If you turn up all like "Yeah man, these songs are shit so I didn't bother learning them", you may end up getting kicked out.
If you don't wanna play it then don't play it. Especially MCR.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Play some 30-minutes-long br00talbreakdown intead.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Bite the bullet, you may learn some techniques you never knew or maybe even begin to appreciate why they like those songs.

All in all you'll mature as a person and as a guitarist if you just learn them for the hell of it and make it look effortless, it basically shows the message that "If I can play songs that I don't like so well, then imagine what I would be like playing songs I enjoy!"
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Just play it. It's supposedly only for this one practice.

And Fences is a badass song.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Man up, obviously.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Don't think "What would Jesus do?". Think "What would Jimi do?" He'd take the song and make it his own (see All Along the Watchtower).
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
After thinking about it more, here's my thoughts:

- If you guys are just jamming in a basement for fun or something, I'd probably suggest some new songs to play.

- If your band plays gigs but sounds shitty doing these songs, I would quit.

- If your band plays gigs and sounds good doing these songs, I would stay just for the experience/being noticed (and possibly money?)
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
It might just be that those are the songs that most of the others know and would make it easier for the practise. If you turn up all like "Yeah man, these songs are shit so I didn't bother learning them", you may end up getting kicked out.

+1, if you show up thinking you're too good for those songs, you just come across as a **** that no one wants to work with.
I'd send a message back asking if this is the type of music they expect to be playing even later on. Find out if you're on the same page (or even the same chapter) as the band at all. If they're not just tell them to find another guitarist and don't waste their time by turning up unprepared at the rehersal. If those songs were chosen because of the reason AnAngrySquirrel specified you should just man up.
Quote by damian_91
Play some 30-minutes-long br00talbreakdown intead.

FTW!

but seriously, call them up and tell them that the songs are shit (especially MCR), and if they want you to stay in their band, change them etc.
Metal grows on you.
Mainstream Jumps on you,
rapes you anally
and leaves.

mainstream is to music what the worm is to the apple
Stop being a baby back bish and learn them. Its supposedly just for practice anyways. And you're likely to pick up on some ideas that you wouldn't normally think of.

Just please don't be the douche thats like "These songz r suxx n i wont lurn them cuz i am gd at t3h gitarz and dnt wanna cuz dey r sooOooO sux!1!1!!1!!!1!!!1!!!1!!!1!!1!one hundred and eleven!!!"
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I was in a band playing stuff i didnt like for over a year. Didn't benefit me at all. These songs aren't hard so you won't learn new techniques and unless your 12 you should already be able to play in time with other musicians. Ask the others if this is the general direction your band will go when they make stuff themselves. If it is and you don't like it then quit as its time wasted when you could be finding others who you'll end up sticking with.
An to those saying just play it anyway even if you don't like it, thats NOT what being a musician is about and is probably why there's so much shit about these days.
What's with all the especially MCR stuff? People don't like that anymore?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Burningritual
I was in a band playing stuff i didnt like for over a year. Didn't benefit me at all. These songs aren't hard so you won't learn new techniques and unless your 12 you should already be able to play in time with other musicians. Ask the others if this is the general direction your band will go when they make stuff themselves. If it is and you don't like it then quit as its time wasted when you could be finding others who you'll end up sticking with.
An to those saying just play it anyway even if you don't like it, thats NOT what being a musician is about and is probably why there's so much shit about these days.

yeah, thats what i meant

but the br00tal breakdown would be cool
Metal grows on you.
Mainstream Jumps on you,
rapes you anally
and leaves.

mainstream is to music what the worm is to the apple
I don't understand why you're in a band that plays music you don't like..?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Man up. Learn them.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Burningritual

this. find a band that doesn't drink Bacardi Breezers.
I'd man up. Just keep in mind that whoever sent you that thinks they own the band. Look at the last few sentances:

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
this. find a band that doesn't drink Bacardi Breezers.

Some people don't know any musicians, mate. They take what they can get.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Some people don't know any musicians, mate. They take what they can get.

some people also go solo
I'd just do it, see how it goes for a while. if it does turn out that, ultimately, your tastes don't match, then I'd leave.
Quote by maidenrulz19
Just play it. It's supposedly only for this one practice.

And Fences is a badass song.

This
Just because a band plays music you don't like doesn't mean it's crap. You guys haven't even heard his band, they could play those songs completely different to the originals. Stop being knobs. If you learn just metal, you're not going to get any outside influence and therefore, you're going to sound like every other metal guitarist out there. If you play a selection of music, you can take bits from each and create your own style. I think TS should man up and everyone complaining about the songs should shut up.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
some people also go solo

Yeah, i get you.

I just find it fun playing with other people.

EDIT: Plus one to Leg end Above.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Jul 21, 2010,
Go-Paul Gilbert on their asses and shred to freak them out.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by leg end
Just because a band plays music you don't like doesn't mean it's crap. You guys haven't even heard his band, they could play those songs completely different to the originals. Stop being knobs. If you learn just metal, you're not going to get any outside influence and therefore, you're going to sound like every other metal guitarist out there. If you play a selection of music, you can take bits from each and create your own style. I think TS should man up and everyone complaining about the songs should shut up.

Noone said just learn metal. These songs will not benefit the guy in any way especially if he doesn't like them. By all means get lots of different influences but if i went off an learnt mika, kaizer chiefs, alphabeat an will young would that make me a better player?
i hate the phrase but you can't polish a turd. People should be encouraged to learn classics even if they don't like them but not this crap.
Page 1 of 3