i was at a local pawn shop and noticed a 2 12 krank rev 100w whatever, i looked it up and its about 2k new and they wanted 900. so do you guys think its worth 900 dollars? btw i dont play metal, i play rock/hard rock/pop punk/rock n roll-ish, i dont know its really hard to describe, but the most metal we get at times is about a pillar sound (jonah used to use krank amps now he uses splawn). so first of all what do you guys think about the krank rev model and do you think its a good deal?
^whats wrong with 100w?it's always nice to have the extra headroom.

buy it. if you don't like it, you can always flip it for profit.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 21, 2010,
I am not to high on Krank amps, the cost of tubes would also be a factor for me. Plus everything I buy out of a pawn shop never seems to work. For 900 bucks you could buy a pretty nice amp at guitar center.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
thats the other thing, for 900 bucks i can get a use mesa single at guitar center. but idk i like different things.
I'd rather have the Rev than the Single Recto, but maybe that's just me. The Revs are super aggressive, tight and saturated. I'm really not sure they'd work for your sound because what they do best... Is metal
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thats what i hear haha, right now i'm runnin a sovtek mig 60. beast of an amp, great clean tones and i'm using a dialed down metal dist pedal, so i think the krank is worth a try maybe if can get it dialed back enough.
Take some settings in you find online. The #1 thing people complain about on Kranks is easily solved if you just learn how to use the Sweep knob. That dial is the most powerful dial on Krank amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
The sweep is a parametric EQ, it alters the range of the frequences being affected by bass, mid, and treble on the EQ.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Take some settings in you find online. The #1 thing people complain about on Kranks is easily solved if you just learn how to use the Sweep knob. That dial is the most powerful dial on Krank amps.

+7777777

The sweep knob is the first knob you need to adjust. Besides adjusting the volume..

... Up to 11.
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
Last edited by Generak777 at Jul 21, 2010,
i'm still thinkin about trying it. but i also might just stick with my original plan of a rockerverb 50
but the other thing is, orange can get any dist sound i want, ANY. can the krank do that or is it like grindey dist through every knob setting?
The Krank's drive is pretty much only for metal IMO. Very much a one trick pony.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Haven't played the Rev myself but I do own a Rev Jr. Standard, and that is much more of a Rock amp than a metal amp IMO. I'd expect the Rev to be able to pull off some rock tones but IMO for your genres, you would be better off with the Orange.
Quote by guitarockstar99
thats exactly what i'm thinkin. i can find a used rockerverb for like 1250

That's a lot, considering for $100 more you could buy a RV100
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by mmolteratx
The Krank's drive is pretty much only for metal IMO. Very much a one trick pony.

That's basically what I got from owning one for a couple days and returning it back to GC. And very much like mainstream metal sound if you ask me. I believe the head I had was the original design, and I've played a series 2 or rev+ or whatever the call it and really liked it.

I missed out a deal for that one for $650 It was a new one too. Just had been sitting at a small music shop for quite awhile and they wanted t get rid of it.

You could probably get it for a little less than $900 though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Well they just lowered the price to 799, i'm thinkin i could tlak them down to 700. just tell them its going to need new tubes and all the pots cleaned, haha just sorta BS them a little. cuz i went in there and the guy working said he didnt know shit about it.

and matrix i probably could but 50's are alot easier to come across than 100's. you just see em more often than you see 100's