Hello UG, I've recently decided to get back to full-time on guitar, and I've had a beautiful 95' American Strat that I've been playing for 3 years now, but I really want to get a new light-weight guitar (I'm 5'6, strats are heavy) that weighs along the lines of a Jackson RR/V (Body and weight), that comes equipped with Floyd Rose Original (or similar quality), and 22frets minimum. I know there are guitars that fit that criteria that are $2k+, but I don't have that kind of cash, my budget is from $800-$1100, so thanks in advance for any advice.
Last edited by thegame4ever at Jul 21, 2010,
For you're price range, you could possibly get a nice PRS, which some can be really surprisingly light, however you may struggle to get one with a Floyd rose :/ I would deffinately recommend any PRS tho
Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Squier Affinity Telecaster
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Vox AD50VT 212
& New MXR Distortion+
I've never played one, but the S-series Ibanez is pretty light, I believe. It doesn't have an original FR, but it has a locking trem. I stand to be corrected, but check it out.
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
@joester567: So you want advise me to buy a new guitar that is crappier than the Fender Strat I already have? No thanks.

@maca_oh8: That does sound good, I'm just worried about the Floyd Rose. It doesn't have to be a Floyd Rose original, just of similar quality, since I'd like to use my tremolo and do crazy things with it. With my strat if I just touch my trem it cries and goes out-of-tune.

@finetune: I'll check those out, and if they have a quality floyd rose copy why not.
A Jackson RR3 is right up your alley. Jackson has notoriously good LFRs
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
@simpleben09: I checked out the RR3, I really digged em, but I heard their LFR isn't as good as an Original, hence my goal for Original quality bridges. If you can show me anything that states otherwise, it'd be much appreciated.
Well, if you want an OFR, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to pay around $1000 for the guitar.... LFR's aren't that horrible. My LTD is from 07, and the LFR works perfectly fine. I doubt it's going to last 10 years from now, but it's not that horrible. Jackson LFR's are much better.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
The Ibanez RG series around that price range is good. Its lighter than most guitars I've played, basswood is one of the lighter woods iirc. The Edge Pro is just as good, if not better than the OFR, and it has 24 frets. The sound is alright, but the neck feels great.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Like the other guy said PRS's are very very nice.

Very nice.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Yamaha RGXA2

Jackson SLSMG

Parker Fly

sportster skinny from US masters

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 21, 2010,