The Korg Pitchblack is quite good, yes. So is the Boss and Hardwire pedal tuners.

This is supposed to be good value for money, and so is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODhr4syQJY

Compares 3 popular chromatic pedal tuners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXPZijaWGc&feature=related

Compares Boss TU-2 and TU-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSRLHreWsSo

Compares Boss TU-2 and Planet Waves Strobe Tuner

Not sure about prices, but check out some reviews of each to see what people say and eBay for rough prices.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 21, 2010,
How about the turbo tuner. Its the best tuner in the market. A true strobe tuner far more accurate than anything out there. Its called the sonic research ST200.
I would deffinately recommend the Boss TU-2, amazing quality.
Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Squier Affinity Telecaster
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Vox AD50VT 212
& New MXR Distortion+
+1 to the Turbo Tuner, they are incredibly accurate. So accurate that you can actually watch how far out of tune a Floyd equipped guitar goes just by tilting the body a few degrees.
Quote by littlephil
+1 to the Turbo Tuner, they are incredibly accurate. So accurate that you can actually watch how far out of tune a Floyd equipped guitar goes just by tilting the body a few degrees.

This is a joke right?
I think for the most part a lot of pedal tuners are good. My advice is just look into whether they can daisy chain power to other pedals like the Boss pedal - I know there's a couple more that do as well.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by phoenix_crush
This is a joke right?

I have one. It actually is not a joke. Its accurate beyond need, but seeing that it is pretty much within the thread starters budget I say its the best choice. Its the best tuner in the market and far better than anything in its price range. Its also true bypass and can be used in a pedal board.
Trust me i was searching for a long time for a pedal tuner, and i just got the korg pitchblack and i am in love with it. Some of the best things about it, is that its very easy to read the notes, unlike the tu-2 and 3, check one out, they are bright as all hell and large, and when activated it is also a mute for quiet tuning, and another selling point for me when that you can power other pedals. I just got a 1spot 5 and 1 or whatever and you plug in your normal power supply and then next to the powersupply in theres another spot for the connector to power other pedals. Its good cause i have one powersupply, and with the 1spot i power my boss bf2 flanger, my ph-2 supoer phaser and digitech digidelay. They run great, i would definitely recommend it, and its only like 89 bucks
Quote by nyandres
I have one. It actually is not a joke. Its accurate beyond need, but seeing that it is pretty much within the thread starters budget I say its the best choice. Its the best tuner in the market and far better than anything in its price range. Its also true bypass and can be used in a pedal board.

That's crazy.
Polytune!!!!

Seriously. Polytune.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
Polytune!!!!

Seriously. Polytune.

Ummmm... No. These things are a peice of sh*t really. They don't tune well at all. It's a great idea, but it needs a lot of work. I think I'm after a Korg Pitchblack or a PEWAVES JPT-10.