I've tried a bunch of amps in my price range and I've decided to get the Peavey 6505+ combo. I've seen lots of people say that replacing the speaker improves the sound quality. Is this true? And in that case, what speaker should I replace it with? I'm in to Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Dethklok, Parkway Drive and other deathmetal/metalcore bands.
Also I'm seeing lots of people using tubescreamers through their amps which already has shitloads of gain, how will using a tubescreamer effect my tone?
Sometimes people just keep gain at 0, volume at 10, and tone at whatever level they find neccesary as a booster not really a distortion. I'm talking in general here i don't have a 6505 but yea. Many people on UG here have them someone should now. Maybe if you post this as a comment on the 6505 review
im not so well informed about speakers, but for a 6505, you definately want one that will go well with the american voicing of the amp, maybe a v30? peavey arent known for their speaker quality, as anyone with a peavey speaker cab, or combo and a little experience will tell you.

as for a tubescreamer, these are usually put in front of the amp (in between your amp and guitar), with the gain control set to 0, and the volume, fairly high, with the tone to your taste. this is known as a boost, where it pushes your amp (which will be on the lead/gain channel) into a nice, saturated tone, with plenty of tightness and richness, for an awesome metal/rock sound.

others will probably explain this better than me, but i hope that helped.
Quote by Jackamedmos
Oh ic. Can you perhaps define "tight"?

Kinda self explanitary, I thought.

But think of a metal band for example. In a breakdown or a riff, their guitar tones need to be crisp and sharp, with definition, but heavyness (sp?) at the same time.

Thats usually described as a tight tone, where the bass and the gain are brought down a touch, but pushed harder with the preamp (which is essentially what the tubescreamer or overdrive pedal does), and the notes have high defintion and clarity.

Does that make some sort of sense?
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Kinda self explanitary, I thought.

But think of a metal band for example. In a breakdown or a riff, their guitar tones need to be crisp and sharp, with definition, but heavyness (sp?) at the same time.

Thats usually described as a tight tone, where the bass and the gain are brought down a touch, but pushed harder with the preamp (which is essentially what the tubescreamer or overdrive pedal does), and the notes have high defintion and clarity.

Does that make some sort of sense?

Makes lots of sense
Thank you!
Quote by Jackamedmos
Makes lots of sense
Thank you!

No worries, I was tempted to say something stupid and probably sex related to define "tight", but I'm sure thats more helpful at least.