So i am trying to track some drums with my Simmons SD7K kit into Logic Studio via my Profire 2626. I have the L and R out on the brain going into 2 channels on the profire but the input level is not adequate to record with and i have the gain knob on the 2626 cranked.

Any suggestions.
get some 1/4" to XLR cables. with the Profire if you go in 1/4" it thinks it is a line level signal so most of the pre-amp is bypassed. Go in XLR and you will have full range on the pre.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Set the drum output to 80% output...that way you don't clip at that point.
Then run the main outs to a set of line inputs on the interface and turn up the gain knobs evenly to get more signal.

Quote by NnjRik
get some 1/4" to XLR cables. with the Profire if you go in 1/4" it thinks it is a line level signal so most of the pre-amp is bypassed. Go in XLR and you will have full range on the pre.

The main outs on this drum module are in fact Line Level outs so there should not be an issue running TRS cables on both ends.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by NnjRik

good call