Hey guys,

I want to play trooper from iron maiden so I was looking at the tabs today and then I looked at some cover videos on youtube. Does anyone know whether the intro of the song is played with only downstrokes or alternative? If all downstrokes then, until which part is it only downstrokes? I know many people will say it doesnt matter but it matters for me.. I want perfection

and one more question

Guitar I (Dave)
|------------------7----------------------------------------|
|--8--7h8p7h8p7h8-----8--7h8p7h8p7h8--8-----------8---------|
|----------------------------------------9--9~--7---7--9~---|
|-----------------------------------------------------------|

and in this part of the song (the main riff), I cant to that hammer on / pull off thingy correctly or I am little bit late when I do it. Is there any advice you guys can gimme?

thanks,

rangor

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
i play the into pretty much all downstrokes. for the main riff just practice hammer on/off a lot. it will eventually sink in the muscle memory. or learn some buckethead songs, theres always crazy hammer on/offs to build muscle
Quote by ooblueoo
I play that riff with alternating upstrokes/downstrokes, i personally find it easier - although i guess it wouldn't be too much of a problem to just use downstrokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYd-pvkkEJg&feature=channel

That's my cover of it and i believe it sounds prettyy spot on

dude thats a great cover but at the part where I cant understand i cant even see your hands moving it is really dark there nice vid tho

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
I play the intro all downstrokes and it sounds lovely. As for the hammer on part, just build up your finger strength until you can hit them perfectly and in time. I found that just trilling for about 30 seconds between first and second, first and third, first and fourth, second and third, etc. really helped my finger strength and coordination.