I have a 1991 Marshall Valvestate 8100 stack. Recently the head quit working (won't even power on). I tried replacing the fuses but that didn't help, so it is something else that I can't fix myself.

My question is, generally, how much do you think it would cost to repair? I ask this because the closest place that does it is in the town my college is located so i was going to take my amp there when college starts up. The place only takes cash, so I wanna know about how much $$ I should take with me to college to repair it.
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
Completly depends on what it is that's broken, that's common sense.

It could be something simple like a broken solder joint, which won't cost much at all.
It could be a serious problem with the solid state circuit boards which you might not even be able to fix.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by 667
How do you know it's basic repair?

IDK that, I meant the wuestion is basic, because I don't have specific info about what could be wrong or anyhting.
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
Those things are mostly PCB inside. If it's not something simple like a jack going south, I'd be surprised if the repair bill isn't astronomical.

Edit: just reread the post. It's probably buggered.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.